Getting my clock running.

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
kyidletime

Getting my clock running.

Post by kyidletime »

Hi, I just purchased a 1995 Chinook Concourse and am in the process of discovering all of the great things about it. I'm sure that I will have many more questions as time goes by, but right now I am looking for some pretty basic information. I noticed that the clock in the dinette area had stopped. I figure that the battery has died, but I can't figure out how to change it. Can anyone help me out?

It would be great to find an experienced owner of a similar Chinook, to correspond with. Thanks for reading....... Alan
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
Blue~Go

Re: Getting my clock running.

Post by Blue~Go »

I take it you mean you don't know how to get to the battery? If your clock is like mine was (round, about 10" diameter, gold rim), then what you do is rotate the whole clock around 1/3 turn to the left and it comes off the wall. Then it's just a regular battery compartment you can open up.
1999 Concourse
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

Thank you, that sounds like it will work.
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I'll be interested to hear if it did work. My clock was built into a recess in the cabinet wall, which you could see after you turned-to-unlock it.

Also, welcome to the forum!
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Once the clock is off you can also remove the front face. I did that because the hour hand was off just enough that it wasn't pointing right at the hour. Bugged the heck outta me until I took the face off and moved the hand...
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

I was unable to get my clock off of the wall BG. It didn't seem to turn and I was afraid that I would break something if I tried too hard. I was able to get the face off and set the time, and low and behold, the clock started running again. For how long I don't know. Thanks again to all. I'm working on the overhead cabinet doors now, seeing if I can get the doors to close tighter. Any thoughts or tips on that subject would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my email address is kyidletimeusa@hotmail.com
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

In case you haven't figured it out yet, you should be able to replace the AA battery using the hole from behind inside the cabinets.

Or... perhaps easier to see and do... if yours has two tiny screws at the top and bottom of the dial under the clock's glass door, just remove those and the clock comes off the cabinet.

I wanted a thermometer as well, and recently replaced the original clock (which had loose hands) with an old LL Bean Weather Station clock I got off eBay. Auction photo:
weather clock
weather clock
Later today I'll try to take a photo of it mounted in the Chinook.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

That's a nice looking clock Kevin. To be honest with you I haven't done anything else with my clock as it is still running. I have been concentrating on my switches problem, and trying to figure out the wiring.
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Kevin,

Just curious, does/did the Chinook clock in your vintage sit recessed into a sort of a lobed triangular recess in the outer surface of the upper cabinet? That's what mine did (and I know I have a photo *somewhere*), but I don't know if this was the same in years before mine (I did see the same cut out in a 2004, so I guess it did continue after mine. They must have had a stash of hundreds of clocks! :lol:

kyidletime,

If yours ends up being the same as mine, I'd be happy to send you my clock - if you want an original. 'course it may not help if you don't have the same cutout (the cutout space accommodates the guts, but it all still comes off from the front to get at the back). Maybe I said this earlier in the thread... pardon any duplication. If I find that photo I'll post it.

I changed my cabinet doors so no space for the clock anymore.
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Mine fit into a circular hole through the cabinet, about 4" in diameter. I was semi-surprised that it was just a typical AA battery clock at heart, although I don't know what else would make more sense :)
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)