Getting my clock running.

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
kyidletime

Re: Getting my clock running.

Post by kyidletime »

Well, back to the clock problem, I guess the battery finally rn down. I tried again to rotate the clock to get it off of the wall, but still doesn't want to turn. I'll check out getting to the battery from behind the clock, but it doesn't seem like my big hand will work in the small opening in the rear. Going to take a mirror out to see what it looks like from behind. Might try to take some pictures.
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Does the face glass open on a hinge? If so, are there a couple of screws you can remove (which should take it off the cabinet) ?

Since Chinook was changing a lot of things during the middle of model years at the time, a photo of the clock might help someone else recognize how to remove it.

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

Thanks Kev. No, it doesn't hinge. I did however get my clock going again. The clock was fastened from the back with two screws, I was finally able to get them out and the battery replaced and the clock reset.
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

The clock in my '01 Concourse was missing but still has the "lobed triangular plastic mount" thingy recessed in the cabinet panel. If anyone has an original clock they want to unload, let me know. Thanks
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Or if you can't find an original, you could buy a different battery powered clock.

My original 1994 Chinook clock had loose hands that would sometimes get stuck against the glass front. I tried to adjust them, but couldn't get it to be reliable. I also wanted some weather info, kind of like a ship's combination clock and weather station.

So I bought several under $40 combination clocks to try out. (The ones I didn't use, are now scattered around our house.) For example, I got one that had an wireless outside temperature gauge with LCD display plus an analog clock part, and another that had both barometer and temperature gauges.

In the end I settled on a lightly used wood LL Bean Weather Clock off eBay (there's a closer picture on previous page in this thread), which I screwed on from the back... leaving the battery compartment over the previously made access hole.
clock.png
clock.png (120.84 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

HoosierB wrote:The clock in my '01 Concourse was missing but still has the "lobed triangular plastic mount" thingy recessed in the cabinet panel. If anyone has an original clock they want to unload, let me know. Thanks

I have an original clock that worked when I removed it. It also used the "lobed triangular plastic mount thingy," so it sounds like it would fit. I'd be happy to send it to you. Same address as before? You can PM if anything has changed.

(BTW, kyidletime, looking at the photo of your original clock, it doesn't look like the same one that uses the "lobed triangular plastic mount thingy," so that may explain why yours didn't dismount by simply twisting.)
1999 Concourse
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Blue-Go,
Yep, same address. Cool. Thanks
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
tjmackle

Post by tjmackle »

Hi, please refere to my Aug 20 2017 posting in the General section. Dont even think about trying to repair it - you can get a new one for $ 34 bucks.

Cheers, Tom Mackle, 14 years with a 1999 Chinook Concourse.
tjmackle cox.net 619 301 9796

Greetings from San Diego