Bathroom storage wall

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
jeanie19
**Forum Contributor**

Bathroom storage wall

Post by jeanie19 »

The pockets of a shoe organizer add a lot of convenient storage to the bathroom wall. Much easier to grab what you need from there than to have to go into the medicine cabinet and have things topple out onto or into the toilet. There are a couple more rows at the bottom that did not fit into the camera frame. It's hung with command hooks and secured from flopping with a couple pieces of velcro.
20150924_0523.JPG
Jeanie K.
2000 Chinook Concourse
Plank flooring, Wave heater, CO cubby
Blue~Go

Re: Bathroom storage wall

Post by Blue~Go »

I guess that must be the wall that backs up to the kitchen? (I know, how many walls are there.... LOL)
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

jeanie19 wrote:The pockets of a shoe organizer add a lot of convenient storage to the bathroom wall. Much easier to grab what you need from there than to have to go into the medicine cabinet and have things topple out onto or into the toilet. There are a couple more rows at the bottom that did not fit into the camera frame. It's hung with command hooks and secured from flopping with a couple pieces of velcro.
20150924_0523.JPG
Clever idea.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
dougm

Post by dougm »

Neat idea, did you just attach it to the shower curtain loops? What happens when you shower, do the pockets fill up with water?
jeanie19
**Forum Contributor**

Post by jeanie19 »

It's hung on command hooks mounted several inches below the shower curtain rail. The curtain would be pulled in front of it for showers. Have not used the shower, but might remove the hanging pockets before doing so to regain those several (valuable) inches of space.
Jeanie K.
2000 Chinook Concourse
Plank flooring, Wave heater, CO cubby
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I'd forgotten about this good idea. Glad Doug brought it up again. Between the time you posted and now I added a couple of single "biggish" Command hooks to that wall. Nothing like the storage capability of your shoe pockets, but I like to able to hang up clothes that are not clean enough to put away with "real" clean clothes, but not dirty enough to put in the laundry. So now I have a place for that (or to hang night clothes during the day).
1999 Concourse
VTSweetpea

Post by VTSweetpea »

We also installed 2 large Command hooks on that bathroom wall. We hang wet coats there to dry, so any water or snow drips into the bathroom and not out in the coach. Also hang coats, vests, etc., empty reusable shopping bags, damp towels.....

To prevent things from falling out of the medicine cabinet, we cut 2" high strips of thin plexiglass and slid one in front of each shelf. The side edges of the cabinet hold the strips in place.
2001 Concourse 4x4