WeatherTech window vents

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

WeatherTech window vents

Post by Xatlatc »

I like to drive with my window cracked a little to get some fresh air and to listen to the road noises. My Concourse allowed too much air to flow in through the window, even when it was cracked just two or three inches. The wind would hit me right in the head and mess up the few follicles I still have. WeatherTech to the rescue! Now I can put the window almost all the way down and my follicles don't move!
Attachments
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG
No tape, It fits in the window groove.
No tape, It fits in the window groove.
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: WeatherTech window vents

Post by HoosierB »

Nice! Are those the lighter, "smoke tints"? Been thinking about adding a set as well. What year/chassis Chinook do you have? Please share the WeatherTech product number for the set you purchased. thanks
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

The WeatherTech model is 70031 for a 1999 Ford Econoline E series. These are the 'light smoke' and fit perfectly on my 1999 Concourse.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Just as a note, all of the Ford E-Series door/windows should be the same from 1997 to 2008. Likely 1992-1996 and 2009-2014 are also the same, but I'm not positive so don't want to mislead.
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

I think you're right that all E-series front windows are the same from 1992 onward.

On a related topic, what do people use for the windshield? Single piece shields? Has anyone bought one of those pleated accordion sunshades that are mounted on the window frame and pulls across?

Thanks!
Last edited by kdarling on January 28th, 2016, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

kdarling wrote: On a related topic, what do people use for the windshield?
I just use a pleated window shade (the kind that fold up in pleats and that are commonly sold for vehicle windshields). It's made of shiny foil sort of like Reflectix. Handy because it's two seconds to pull/fold/stow. On the other hand, the coverage isn't perfect.

I looked into a custom fitted shield after a friend's Subaru came with one. These are made to fit each model of vehicle, and fold like the ones mentioned above. The outside is a slightly "foily looking" subtle color (blue, tan, grey, etc.) and the inside is sort of felty. They feel very high quality and are a bit stiffer then the typical ones. They are made by Covercraft, and the one that fits our rigs is (I believe) the UVS-100. It's $5x on Amazon. I like everything about these, but...

I read the details of an experiment a student did for a science class. I thought the methodology looked good. And what it found was that the regular lightweight foil type shields blocked more heat than the super-nice Covercraft type. Darn! I'd still consider the Covercraft for some climates, as the one my friend has is really nice.

But what I think I may do is make one out of Reflectix. Reason would be that I could make it *really* fit the windshield, in which case it is a privacy curtain as well as a sun shade. The "store bought" one I have now isn't a good enough fit to be a privacy curtain. I do have Reflectix panels that jam fit in the driver and passenger cab side windows, and they work great. I don't think all that much about Reflectix as an (wall) insulation material, but it works great as a lightweight, stowable window panel.

(One note is that I tend to block off the cab much of the time when camped. I have a curtain for that that runs across under the vertical face of the forward storage cabinet.)

Will be interested to hear what others use.
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I have the same fold up, put behind a seat, sort of one.
HereComesTrouble

Post by HereComesTrouble »

When I was shopping for my Chinook, I looked at a 1999 Concourse that had one of the sunshades purchased from this website. It fit the front windshield absolutely like a glove. A little pricey but, you only go this way once, right? They are available for vehicles with or without without a rear-view mirror. Take your choice.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com