RV Cover

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
LarryG

RV Cover

Post by LarryG »

What company's rv cover seems to do a good job? I'm shopping for one before the rest of the winter moves in on us and our Destiny 2400.
Blue~Go

Re: RV Cover

Post by Blue~Go »

I haven't bought one, or even seen an example, but I've read many times that the Calmark brand covers are well thought of, and they apparently make ones that fit some Chinooks.
1999 Concourse
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

Checked it out--$792. Wow, probably a good product, USA made, but at least $300 higher than any of the others I've cked on.
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

Hi Larry, I don't know whether you're still looking for a cover, but I got one for my 1995 Concourse through EBay. It is by Expedition and is reasonably priced. I can't swear how long it will last but it seems to be pretty well made. The one that I ordered could have been a little smaller, as they seem to be bigger than advertised.
Here is a link for the one that I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291673618427?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT Hopefully you can copy and paste it.

Good luck,
Alan
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

Thanks, I wondered about the quality of those. Some appear to be of similar material and design as those sold at rv supply stores.

Was it totally poly or contain some fabric for strength and durability? I'll check out the link.
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

I'm into my 3rd year with Expedition (108x105x294) for $240.00 from Amazon. Still looks new, even through the New Hampshire winters. The only regret is that I should have bought the next size down.
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

retiredtim wrote:I'm into my 3rd year with Expedition (108x105x294) for $240.00 from Amazon. Still looks new, even through the New Hampshire winters. The only regret is that I should have bought the next size down.
-->>Did you go with the class C version? Sounds like a sturdy product, having endured your northeastern winters well. Sizewise, our mh's do put us into a bit of a quandary as they're often on the boundary for sizing, with many being around 24 feet.

With Chinooks not having the big overhang sleeper, and yet being called a 'C' frequently, I've wondered whether the C version might be a little flappy on some of these. On the other hand, those that are made for the classic class B shaped vans seem like they might be a little short. Glad you got a good product for the money. Sounds like a winna! :)
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

[quote="kyidletime"]Hi Larry, I don't know whether you're still looking for a cover, but I got one for my 1995 Concourse through EBay. It is by Expedition and is reasonably priced. I can't swear how long it will last but it seems to be pretty well made. The one that I ordered could have been a little smaller, as they seem to be bigger than advertised.
Here is a link for the one that I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291673618427?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT Hopefully you can copy and paste it.

Good info, Alan, thanks. I'm working my way to a choice with this company's covers. Your Chinook must be a twenty footer?

I notice this reference is to one described to fit a 20-22 Class B mh. Were the height and width dimensions ok for it? An ebay ad shows it having dimensions of 270"L x 84"W x 96"H.
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

retiredtim wrote:I'm into my 3rd year with Expedition (108x105x294) for $240.00 from Amazon. Still looks new, even through the New Hampshire winters. The only regret is that I should have bought the next size down.
Also, retiredtm, was yours the regular Expedition model or the S2 Expedition?

You mentioned above that you wished you'd gotten the next size down. That would've been, I think, their 20-22 ft model. So you figure the 22-footer, being generously sized as this company's products seem to be, would be big enough?
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

I'll agree on the sizing. I ordered the one for the 20 to 22 foot RV, and regret not ordering the next size smaller. I was, and still am well pleased with the quality. It's pretty easy to get into my rig by unzipping the rear panel, when I need to. I don't think that you'll find anything any better for that price. By the way mine is the lower priced model $202.78.

Good luck,
Alan
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.