RV Cover

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
LarryG

Re: RV Cover

Post by LarryG »

Alan, is your Concourse a 24-footer or a 21-footer? Glad to hear it's done the job for you without having to shell out a whole lot of dough.

Is the cover's roof made of a different color material, maybe more of a multilayer fiber poly for strength?
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

Good morning Larry,

My rig is a 21 footer, it actually measures 22 feet from the front bumper to and including the spare tire on the rear. That's the reason that I opted for the 20 to 22 foot cover. Like I said though. I wish that I had gotten the 18 to 20 foot cover because mine has a little more slack in the rear than I'd prefer.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like the overall fit and the quality of the cover. Yes, the top of the cover is made of a differently colored material. Actually it seems to be a water resistant material added to the original cover material. It seems to be doing a great job with the snow and rain.

As I said before, I think that this cover is as good as you can get for the money, if you decide to buy one, I think that you'll be happy with it.

Alan
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
LarryG

Post by LarryG »

Got one ordered up. Looking forward to receiving it, unpacking it and putting it on. Great help toward this was provided by our members. a "Thanks a bunch!" goes to them.
kyidletime

Post by kyidletime »

You're most welcome Larry, that's what we're here for. To help each other, and we have a really great group for doing that!.
Alan Croy
Hamilton, Ohio
1995 Chinook Concourse
Upgraded Converter/Charger System.
dsh

Post by dsh »

kyidletime wrote:You're most welcome Larry, that's what we're here for. To help each other, and we have a really great group for doing that!.
Hi. How hard are these covers to put on? Does it take 2 people to put on?

Thank you.

Duane
dsh

Post by dsh »

Hi. How hard are these covers to put on? Does it take 2 people to put on?

Thank you.

Duane
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Duane, It's a lot easier with two. You're just putting it on now, where do you live? I'm ready to take mine off (as soon as the two feet of snow melts). End of March.
dsh

Post by dsh »

Hi.

Not putting one on now, but may purchase one for next winter. Just gathering information on the cover.
dsh

Post by dsh »

Ok,everyone....we are ready to buy a cover for our upcoming winter. Sounds like the Expedition is good from your advice. I see two of you wished you would have bought smaller size. Am I correct in understanding you wished you would have gotten the 18-20ft cover instead of the 20-22ft cover? Makes me a little nervous as our Chinook Concourse is 21ft long. I'm also wondering if it's a little longer with the spare tire and cover. Do they count that in the measurement of our RV?
One last question for those that have this cover.....how hard is it to put on and take off? We're in decent shape, but retired folks.
Thank you in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Duane
dsh

Post by dsh »

No one?