The Sewer Solution and Master Blaster

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
Skillet

The Sewer Solution and Master Blaster

Post by Skillet »

I came across these products a while ago and decided to try it out today. I have a pipe in my driveway I can dump into, but it's so close to my house that I would hit the garage if I tried to back up to it. My driveway is also on a good grade that I couldn't just run my sewage hose over to it and empty my tanks.

The Sewer Solution hooks up to the dump pipe on the rv with a standard Valterra twist on fitting and is clear plastic. The discharge hose is 3/4" and 10ft long and comes with one end attached to the Sewer Solution. Attach one of the adaptors to the other end and place it into the dump receiver like you would at a dump station. Screw the hose quick-connect onto your hose and click it on the Sewer Solution. That's all you have to do. Just a couple minute setup.

Essentially, you turn on the hose, open the rv discharge gate, and let it empty. I found it easily emptied my tank uphill. When it's running clear you can turn the jet inside the Sewer Solution back towards the black tank and fill it up. Then turn the jet towards the discharge hose and empty it out again. When working by yourself (like me) you have to run back inside to check the toilet while it back-filled because I didn't want it overflowing inside by accident. There's a valve to turn the water off as needed.

To complete the job, I used the Valterra Tank Wand Master Blaster (not pictured here) and cleaned the tank out from the top side with the Sewer Solution hooked up. 2 things I noticed:
1) My sensors are now reading correctly for the 1st time since I've owned this rv
2) The Master Blaster puts out a solid stream. I could hear how hard it was hitting the sides of the black tank.

What I wish the Master Blaster had was a way to rotate the wand on its own. You have to wrangle the hose as you twist the wand around to get all sides. Not impossible, just kind of a pain. But I still love it. I love both products and we'll see how long they last as they are all plastic. Both feel well built but I've only used them once. Since they are so easy to use, I think I'll use them both after every tank dumping as soon as I get home.
Attachments
20170720_183817[1].jpg
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Re: The Sewer Solution and Master Blaster

Post by Blue~Go »

Thanks for the reviews. Good to know of some less-common options and how they work.
1999 Concourse