Chinook RV Forum

It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

Post subject: Looking for Concourse
PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 3:25 pm 

Hi All
I'm searching for a 2000-2005 Concourse,I'm on the West Coast and have done my research,ready to buy the right one.
Please email me if you have or know of one for sale.
Thanks!!
Charlie
csawyer@saber.net

background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 4:23 am 

Any luck yet? Looked at any?

Kev

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 5:44 am 

I'm looking at 2 right now, a 2000 with 77k miles that's been to Burning Man a few times, and a 2003 with only 35k miles but has a pending sale, couple others sold before I could get close.
The hunt goes on....

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 7:14 am 

Yea, I found one in Salt Lake City, a 2000 Concourse XL with 47K . Flew out there inspected it and drove it 800 miles home.
Now I know why they called them the "sport car of motor homes" Drove and handled great.
I also see why some folks do brake upgrades and this will be one of my first projects.
Getting it ready for a trip to Orange Co. for Thanksgiving...

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 7:45 am 

Congrats!
Glad you had a great drive home. Because, of course a brand new/used vehicle purchase should always come with at *least* an 800 mile drive back :mrgreen:

Now of course we all wanna SEE!

BG

PS: I'm still thrilled with my new brakes every time I drive the Chinook. (I went with new 2014 complete front end because the shop that put it in had brand new "take offs" due to converting the donors to 4WD. But you can also just do the brake parts.) The 2008-up parts are much larger (and more effective, whew).

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 6:28 am 

Congratulations on your find!

Now comes the real fun... any (possible) common RV fixes and upgrades! :D

• Tires - manufacturing dates less than five years old?
  • Furnace/water heater/fridge - all working, or need Dinosaur boards?
  • Generator - need carb cleaning / adjustment / replacement ?
  • TV / radios - possible upgrade to HDTV and satellite.
  • Flooring - carpet okay, or possible switch to wood / tile.
  • Lighting - change all to LED. Fix driving lights, etc.
  • Leaks - rare except around rear door seals, maybe fridge access door.

What color and interior layout did you get, btw?

Kev

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 1:06 pm 

Oh what fun...
Brand new tires in back, great looking tires in front but old date and showing some cracks, new Coopers for the front tomorrow.
All appliances, AC/ heat pump,furnace and plumbing works great! only issue is the Nuheat in the floor doesn't, I checked the circuit breaker which has GFI and it set ok??Need to trace wires and voltage...
New 17" LCD TV and disc player was installed already in center and new door out of the old center door was made for the old TV spot.
Generator was just serviced and only has 51 hrs.
Having a Pioneer NX Apple Carplay put in this afternoon.
Want to do LED lights and hardwood floors.
See pic of when I stopped in Reno and parked in a "normal" space...
She had been garaged most of her life and all the original decals are perfect including over the cab!!
I need to find a right top over rail for the ladder as the prior owner had broke it backing into his garage.Rest of ladder is fine, any ideas?

We got the dinette/twin bed layout in Blue-grey tweed,which I like so when I get up in the middle of the night to "P" I don't have to crawl over my wife..

Next week taking our son and daughter in law with us down to Orange co. for Thanksgiving with family, It'll benice to have a freash healthy lunch along the way instead of I-5 junk!!

Thanks for your input, I'm learning as I go....

Attachments:
Chinook in Reno.JPG
Chinook in Reno.JPG [ 126.24 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]
PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 6:33 pm 

Well, I gotta say that's a gorgeous unit. Nice find!

As everyone is about to point out, the original stripes and letters are all paint on the Concourse... no decals. But it's still very good to find one where the clear coat isn't peeling.

As for the ladder, the company that made it is still in business. Top Line Manufacturing.

http://www.toplinemfg.com

I've heard of people calling up and getting a replacement made from the original drawings. So it'd be worth giving them a shout for what you need.

Kev

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 7:26 am 

Nice!

Sounds like you found a sort of "twin" to mine. When I got my '99 it was from the original owner, kept inside a hangar, and had 49k :D It's handy to start with all of the outside stuff in good shape (not that it still doesn't need regular maintenance, but at least you're not starting out with it weathered/brittle/etc.).

Be interested to see that new stereo and hear how you like it. I get lost in a cyclone of options when even thinking of shopping for one.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 3:40 pm 

Looks just like mine, but without the various cracks and peels on the outside from being outside in California sun, so it lack the rugged character that I come to admire on mine :lol: