Chinook RV Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 12:34 pm 

Since installing my new seats I have this swivel seat base that I was using with my stock '97 seats. Figured I would see if anyone wanted it on here before posting elsewhere. Figured $100 plus shipping.

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 681 times ]
background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 11:20 am 

Do these swivels work with the Flexsteel power seats? My rig is a 2003.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 12:31 pm 

As far as I know swivel seat bases don't work with the power seats (at least not with the driver's side). I have one but only for the non-powered passenger side.

My old '97 E-250 did have both driver and passenger swivel seat bases; but it did not have a power driver's seat - both driver and passenger were manual.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 4:28 am 

pdemarest wrote:
Do these swivels work with the Flexsteel power seats? My rig is a 2003.

I'm not positive as my passenger seat was non-powered.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2017, 7:16 pm 

I would dearly love to buy this if this is still available and will fit a 2000 Destiny. Original seat is mechanical, not powered. I've been hoping for a swivel seat base for the passenger seat, as my elderly father will be using a power lift at rear door to enter and exit. He has had arthritis in one knee and this would make life so much easier for him.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 5:44 am 

Moonpies wrote:
I would dearly love to buy this if this is still available and will fit a 2000 Destiny. Original seat is mechanical, not powered. I've been hoping for a swivel seat base for the passenger seat, as my elderly father will be using a power lift at rear door to enter and exit. He has had arthritis in one knee and this would make life so much easier for him.

I'm not sure if the floor seat mount holes are the same for the Chevy chassis vs the Ford. Sorry.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 10:12 am 

Hi, Is the pedestal still available? I have a 2004 with non powered Flexsteel.
My pedestal bolt holes are 11x14 and about 7" tall. I am hoping to make this work. Thx

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 1:14 pm 

FL Glacier wrote:
My pedestal bolt holes are 11x14 and about 7" tall. I am hoping to make this work. Thx

I'm not the seller, but is your Glacier a Ford chassis? If so then there's a very good chance this would fit. The reason I say "very good chance" is that I'm assuming a few things that are reasonable to assume but we all know that's not 100%.

But at least in the Ford chassis motorhomes I know (including my Chinook Concourse), the Flexsteel seats use the original Ford van bases. The original Ford van bases (manual seats) can be replaced by a swivel base. The one for sale here looks a lot like the Kustom Fit ones that were in my 97' E-250 and that I have for the passenger side of my Concourse now (my driver's seat is power, so no swivel). I have the original Chinook Flexsteel seats.

I dont know the measurements off the top of my head, but the rear base mounting holes are symmetrical. The front ones have one further forward than the other (I think it's the inner one). The original Ford bases rake backwards (just as a visual) and so do the Kustom-Fit ones.

I think swivel bases are also available through Discount Van, although I have heard they make the seat sit higher (but haven't ever had one - I've only had the Kustom Fit ones).

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2017, 5:26 am 

FL Glacier wrote:

Yes I believe this should work for your application.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 8:22 am 

Hi, Perfect. I would love to have it. I sent a pm. Thanks