Chinook RV Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 9:35 am 

2001 Chinook Concourse
Gorgeous well cared for Chinook with only 55k miles! $31,000

See photos on: http://maine.craigslist.org/rvs/6262687166.html

Engine and Generator
● Ford V10 Triton engine with 55k – new tune up June 2017
● Onan RV GenSet Generator with low hours
● Front tires replaced, all tires rotated, Heavy truck front end alignment June 2017
Accessories
● Mark/15 Solar Panel with continuous charge
● FURRION Wireless Backup Camera - new
● DUO-THERM Comfort Control Heat Pump/Air Conditioner
● NUHEAT in floor heating
● SUBURBAN propane Furnace
● FAN-TASTIC vent, automatic or manual
● LEVITON GFCI power receptacles for charging
● DUAL XD1222 digital radio/CD disc/USB charging port
● SANSUI 19” LCD Digital Tuner TV with remote
● MAGNAVOX DVD/CD Player
● HORIZON manual Awning like new
● VERSA-LINER Stainless Steel Wheels and lug nut covers
● Full-body Cover is included
● All manuals and instruction booklets are included
Galley Features
● DOMETIC 3-way (110/12V/LPG) refrigerator/freezer turns to propane automatically
● 3 - burner propane cook top with folding cover.
● SHARP Microwave Oven
● Power range hood with light and fan
● CORIAN double-bowl sink with covers, MOEN “PureTouch” filtering faucet
● Oak hardwood drawers with deluxe roller slides
● Under stovetop pot storage with roll out bin
● Oak shelf storage for food, spices and dishes
Bathroom:
● Fiberglass shower fully enclosed wet-bath with sink
● Medicine cabinet
● SEALAND Traveler toilet with spray wand, easy foot pump with no odor
● Power roof vent with skylight
● Towel rack
Comfort & Livability
● Deluxe Flexsteel heated reclining driver and passenger captain chairs. Driver’s side has 4-way electric adjustments. Adjustable arm rests.
● Flexsteel sofa sleeper removed to install a new permanent mattress – sofa can be easily reinstalled (all hardware retained)
● Beautiful day/night fabric shades in perfect condition
● Dinette with Oak table that folds to an additional sleeper
● Deluxe Oak cabinets and trim with low level lighting when opened, lots of storage!
● Ambient lighting as well as plenty of overhead lighting
● Large side windows that slide open with reflective glass for privacy, the space is bright and airy unlike most small, cramped campers
● Entrance door with window, screen door and deadbolt lock
● Smoke, LP gas and Carbon monoxide detectors
● First Aid accessible Medical Drawer

Attachments:
File comment: For Sale for one hour!
IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3108.JPG [ 2.79 MiB | Viewed 774 times ]
File comment: Interior with new bed (took couch out for a "real" bed, but it can be put back in easily).
IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3091.JPG [ 2.43 MiB | Viewed 774 times ]
File comment: Camping in Cobscook Bay, Maine Aug. 11, 2017
IMG_3060.JPG
IMG_3060.JPG [ 3.46 MiB | Viewed 783 times ]

Last edited by hannafree on August 13th, 2017, 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 10:33 am 

Oh no - didn't you just buy this unit a couple of months ago? Don't let initial buyer's remorse get you down. Chinooks are well built classics and once you overcome the typical learning curve everything will sort itself out. Good luck either way.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 10:42 am 

As Ted says, I hope you really do want to sell, vs. a "confidence hump" that you might be able to overcome.

That said, if you're definitely selling, you might consider listing a price. A few more photos would be a bonus.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 11:09 am 

This is more than buyers remorse, I truly can't afford to have an RV. Big sigh. I love this Chinook, but I've been all over Maine in it, learned all the systems, and have made my decision. It's a GREAT Chinook.

I'm trying to edit the post, thought I had the price.
Figuring it out.
Hannafree

PS> You were all a tremendous help for me, thank you so much. I couldn't have had the fun I did without you!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 6:34 pm 

Well...good luck to you Hanna!

I must admit, I am still abit overwhelmed with my purchase too.

Anyway, you gave it a good shot. Thanks for including us in the journey

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 6:56 am 

It's too bad for sure to see someone have to sell but everyone has a different comfort level. Owning and maintaining an RV has its pros and cons.

FWIW I have had many RV's over the years and find the Chinook a fairly basic rig to maintain. When you look at the complex and automated RV's of today the Chinook really is quite simple. I will be camping with a bunch of friends in October who all have very large motorhomes and 5th wheels who truly have some nightmare stories of issues with their RV's. I am lucky to have avoided those problems. They really don't camp, they call it Glamping. (Glamorous camping) :lol:

Good luck and happy trails to hannafree. Here's also hoping Deb will hang in there and get comfortable with Chinook ownership.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 11:24 am 

It's true, the Chinook IS pretty straightforward, and I'm pleased to say that I hung in there and learned the systems and am quite comfortable with them. In fact, I found them to be amazingly wonderful, comfortable, and now I'm spoiled. Really spoiled.

I just showed the Chinook to some very discerning people, and it was great to be able to show them around with confidence. It's hard to let go of this camper, and I want none other now that I've been spoiled by this one.

Needs must.
Hannafree

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 9:22 pm 

Nice rig! Good luck with your sale, and happy trails.

Hope it doesn't dilute your listing, but I read the word "remorse" and it reminded me of something. Last summer a friend bought his first RV. Oddly enough, he picked it up in the heart of Vancouver. No biggie since it was just a 40 foot class A :shock: . While stopped at a red light, the passenger side slide decided to extend, much to the displeasure of the gentleman in the Cadillac to his right. My friend had to drive half a mile through the city with a slide most of the way out before he found a suitable place to pull over. He spent the better part of an hour blocking a lane of traffic while he disconnected power and manually retracted the slide, by himself, with zero knowledge of the coach. And that was after he exchanged information with the justifiably-angry man in the newly dented CTSV. Now that's buyers remorse. Since then, he's sideswiped two cars, spent about $8k in tires, and gotten stuck twice. He's thinking about downsizing to a 30 footer.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 9:39 am 

Scott wrote:
Hope it doesn't dilute your listing, but... While stopped at a red light, the passenger side slide decided to extend, much to the displeasure of the gentleman in the Cadillac to his right.

I'd say that doesn't just not dilute the listing; in actual fact, it would make me want to RUN to buy something as easy to drive as a Chinook (like this one in the ad). It's an endorsement! :D

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 1:58 pm 

This Chinook has been SOLD