Chinook RV Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 7:39 am 

Now that we're retired the DW and I want to try full timing in a class A. I hate the thought of having Lil' Nookie sit for a year while we're gone so am offering it for sale. We have great memories of Moab and Crested Butte and want to return for an extended stay.
It is listed on Craigslist

https://treasure.craigslist.org/rvs/6278394622.html

Please mention the forum if you contact me, it would be nice to chat with an informed consumer.
Thanks
Scott

background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 1:42 pm 

Hi Scott,

Nice looking Concourse. I'm partial to the blue (mine is Blue :D).

I'm not in the market, but could I ask you a question about a unique feature on yours? Perhaps potential buyers will find it to be of interest as well. I'm speaking of the window awning on the long, driver's side window. I've been thinking of getting one of those.

A friend has a few window awnings (different brand, Zip-Dee) on his Airstream, and they are just the best! Super easy to deploy (less involved than the big side awning), and more wind resistant (because smaller). I don't put out my big awning all that often because if I'm gone and it's windy.... nope. But I'm thinking I might use a window awning so much more. And that long window can be a sun magnet.

Do you use yours often? Comments on it? Brand?

Thanks,
BG

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:02 pm 

Nice Chinook, Scott!

One friendly suggestion: the faded yellow plastic kitchen vent and fridge access panel really add unnecessary age to its look. And that can lower what people offer.

Even a $2 can of white spray paint will shed years from it. (Be sure to use painters masking tape!). Btw, although white is slightly too bright, even ivory is too yellow, so go with a white.

Ditto for interior plastic like the AC ceiling cover, Fantastic Fan, and bathroom ceiling trim.

Regards, Kevin

Attachment:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 252.75 KiB | Viewed 395 times ]

Coincidentally, I ordered some Ford Econoline YY code white spray paint and repainted mine again just this evening, so now they actually blend in like part of the body.
Attachment:
paint.jpg
paint.jpg [ 2.59 MiB | Viewed 394 times ]

(The picture was taken after sunset, so it all looks beige here.)

Last edited by kdarling on August 26th, 2017, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2017, 7:30 pm 

Very nice. You've taken really good care of your home away from home. Good luck!

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 6:29 am 

Whoa, ad is already gone!

Quick sale?

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 3:31 pm 

kdarling wrote:
Whoa, ad is already gone!

It's still opening fine for me.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 4:53 pm 

Blue~Go wrote:
It's still opening fine for me.

Weird. Showed "Ad removed by seller" for a while. Now is back as you said. Must've been a Craigslist glitch.

Btw, they seem to be more aggressively removing those multiple fake ads for $2000 circa 1990 Chinooks that have popping up lately.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2017, 7:20 am 

Hello All,
Thanks for the kind words.
1- the awning on the driver side is awesome. Simply pull it down and attach the strap to the hook under the window. Super quick and easy. Provides shade but allows a view.
2- excellent idea on painting the exterior plastic. I guess I am use to it so don't even notice. When the wind and rain allow I will do that, thanks.
3- it wasn't a Craigslist glitch, I had it down to update some info. Uninformed buyers don't get the uniqueness and quality our Chinooks enjoy and think they'll get it for the price of a common RV.
I'd like to go back to Colorado in a bigger unit but am planning to go in Nookie if I still have her in November.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2017, 10:10 am 

LilNookie wrote:
1- the awning on the driver side is awesome. Simply pull it down and attach the strap to the hook under the window. Super quick and easy. Provides shade but allows a view.

Thanks for getting back on that. I think I might have to have one :D Any idea on the brand/model/whatever of yours? I want to copy you :)

LilNookie wrote:
I'd like to go back to Colorado in a bigger unit but am planning to go in Nookie if I still have her in November.

You could do worse! One thing I have found is that having a toad (tow car) really makes the Chinook seem bigger. Since I'm usually solo, it's not that I really needed more space inside, but for me it's great to have a "gear locker" on wheels :D Bike/kayak/etc. pop right in. Plus I like to wriggle the Chinook back into the hinterlands and then it's nice to have a car to go explore in. So if you do go in your Chinook, that might be an idea to make it "bigger." And the tow car could later transfer to a larger rig.

(That said, for some trips I still prefer the lean/mean/traveling machine of just the Chinook 8-) )