Chinook RV Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

Post subject: Oak frame for TV opening
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 5:11 am 

Looking to buy the oak frame/surround for the TV cutout (opening on overhead cab) for my 2001 Concourse.
Thanks

background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 10:21 am 

I might have that still. But I won't know until November at the earliest, so if you can find it from someone else then don't hold out for me (it's possible I don't even have it anymore).

I will say that on my rig it was nothing to write home about. Just basically four strips of oak stapled together and then screwed into place with the long/thin black Robertson screws from the outside. But maybe you already know that and want to use another matching one for an enlarged hole on the VCR side? (That's what I did - made equal square holes, but am just not going back with oak.) In that case, who cares that it wasn't the ultimate as you'd have two matching, just like that.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2017, 1:28 pm 

Blue~Go wrote:
But maybe you already know that and want to use another matching one for an enlarged hole on the VCR side? (That's what I did - made equal square holes, but am just not going back with oak.) In that case, who cares that it wasn't the ultimate as you'd have two matching, just like that.

Blue... that is exactly what I'm looking to do! So, if you have that piece, I'll take it. I can wait. Let me know when you can.
And thanks!

PostPosted: September 5th, 2017, 9:09 pm 

If you don't hear from me by mid-November, feel free to drop me a PM. That's around when I should be at the "Chinook parts depot."

And of course if anyone else can help Hoosier out in the meantime, please do (because it's possible I don't still have the piece).