Chinook RV Forum

It is currently February 24th, 2018, 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.

Post subject: '74 Toyota Chinook in Ca
PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 2:08 pm 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d ... 05309.html

background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 2:50 pm 

The Toyota Chinooks are so classic.

I always wonder about an RV/camper ad like that though. I mean, does the person writing it think, "Hm, is there any reason anyone would want to see the inside of the camper? Nah, I can't see why."

(Ad has three photos of exterior; none of interior.)

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 6:14 pm 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/r ... 24569.html

I have a feeling that it is a scam ad. They want to collect your phone number, I heard. The seller is either very careless, or completely clueless. Three photos is the magic number for these kinds of ads. I came across them dozens of times when I shop for Chinook last year.

Quote:
Fantastic Chinook Destiny is waiting for you and your next big adventure. Completely redone interior but most important is the excellent Volkswagon chassis that will go forever! Has 2 beds to sleep 3.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 7:08 pm 

I hear you on scams - especially on CL. kdarling has posted some hilarious ones, where they claim that the 21' Chinook has slides, a back bedroom, two bathrooms, and stuff like that (REALLY? I better take a closer look at mine!)

But on the other hand, I've seen countless ads that pretty clearly weren't scams (often not on CL) without any interior photos. Or "e-mail me if you want photos of the interior," as if well, it's SO UNUSUAL that anyone would actually want to see the inside that the seller won't waste everyone's time posting them, but will instead only send them to those select FEW people who actually want to see the interior before purchasing :roll:

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 9:55 pm 

I kind of understand why. Not all sellers are motivated, even when money is to be made. However, there are a lot of people who do things for the labor of love. We see a few people who post photos of their adventures and share their experiences, etc, all voluntarily. They truly deserve our thanks.