Update about this forum

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Manitou
Site Admin

Update about this forum

Post by Manitou »

Couple of things:
1) We are now enforcing "Moderator Approval" for the first 3 posts of new members from here on out.
2) I believe we had the first spam or 2 sign up attempts. I may need to make the activation picture more difficult (I hate those things.. I can barely read them, but somehow a bot seems to be getting past the clearer style I have up).
3) We hit the bottom of the second page on Google! haha.. I only checked for "chinook rv forum", so it's not saying much. I just found it cool that we showed up at all. This is such a new site and no SEO has been done.
Blue~Go

Re: Update about this forum

Post by Blue~Go »

Hey, if spammers and Google have found us, it must say something :D

Appreciate your efforts, thank you!

I was going to ask: Since there is no "Nuts and bolts about the forum itself" type of area, should we post these sorts of things in the Campfire section, like this post? I know you don't want to be too dogmatic about where folks post things, but I just would like to know the best place, as I have had a "meta" subject or two in my mind, and might as well choose the appropriate spot.
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

this seems like as good a place as any. I almost put it in "general", but seemed to fit here just a little better.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

woo hoo!! on the first page of google search now (towards the bottom). I'm kind of surprised since we seem to have leveled off as far as new members/topics go.
I get back to florida this weekend and have a small bag of goodies to mess with (led lighting, backup cam, etc..). So there's some posts coming soon from me at least.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Manitou wrote:woo hoo!! on the first page of google search now (towards the bottom).
Sweet!
Manitou wrote: I'm kind of surprised since we seem to have leveled off as far as new members/topics go.
I'm hoping that is just temporary, and that more people will join and contribute as we build more content (and then in turn help us to make it even better). It would be fun if some of the "mod" threads included new versions/takes on the same project "Well here's how I did my LED lights" or etc.
Manitou wrote:I get back to florida this weekend and have a small bag of goodies to mess with (led lighting, backup cam, etc..). So there's some posts coming soon from me at least.
Looking forward to those!
1999 Concourse