Details/suggestion about Classifieds sub-forum

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Blue~Go

Details/suggestion about Classifieds sub-forum

Post by Blue~Go »

I have a suggestion to make about the Classifieds sub-forum. That is that it be split into three areas. Two for rigs for sale, and one for other stuff (parts, etc.).

Rigs:
The reason for the two rigs ones, is that one would be for rigs the person posting owns, and the other would be for "referrals." A referral is where you post a link to a Craigslist ad or to an ad for a rig you saw parked on the street, etc. In other words you are just passing along something you think someone might be interested in, but you actually have no connection with it.

This avoids the common confusion where you post a referral, people think it is your vehicle, start asking questions, etc. Also, this makes it easy to just look at rigs that our members have for sale, which to me should have priority.

Parts:
Probably combine for sale and wanted into one sub-forum. Do we want to have referrals there? Or just make it only for parts we own and want to sell, or want to buy? I would vote for the latter.

A last suggestion (not requirement, but just a nice thing) is that if one posts a referral to a CL ad or similar, it's nice (if you have time) to at least add one of the photos -- especially if it is something really unique (like the Sport model). Otherwise you get all interested and then the ad is defunct and you can't see it! (Perhaps not such a big deal for a "run of the mill" version.)
1999 Concourse