Knock, knock...

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
deb

Knock, knock...

Post by deb »

Hi. My name is Deb and I have been lurking around your campfire for quite some time.

Just last week I flew to Florida and bought a 2003 Chinook Concourse and drove it back to my home in Montana.

I am fulfilling a 20+ year dream of owning a small rv and traveling the country. A recent brush with cancer put everything into "get it done" mode.

Thank you in advance for all your patience and tolerance of newbie questions. I absolutely love my new ride and am thrilled to join the group.

Happy Trails one and all,

deb
deb
2003 Chinook concourse
Montana
Blue~Go

Re: Knock, knock...

Post by Blue~Go »

Deb,

Nice to hear a bit of what you're up to. Nothing like a brush with mortality to push things along...

Congrats on finding your Chinook and bringing it home. I myself never seem to buy anything less than 1,000 miles away, so I can relate :mrgreen:

The Chinook should be great for your travels. Just big enough to have the comforts, and just small enough to be fun and handy to drive.

Bring on the questions (and then.... the trip reports!).

BG
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

Welcome Deb. Good to have you. I under stand how health issues can give you perspective. I have had a couple of heart surgeries including a valve job. (That was 26 years ago next month) Been on bonus time since. This has been the most helpful and respectful forum I have been on. Lots of good people and knowledge here.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
deb

Post by deb »

Thanks you guys.

I appreciate all the useful information I have found on this forum.

I have been looking at rvs for years. Mostly online. It wasn't until this last December that I spent some time in Arizona and got to look at many different makes and models up close and personal. I was on my way to a dealer one day when I noticed another dealer had this awesome looking coach parked on their lot. I did a uturn and knew right then and there that this was the one. Of course, that wasn't the one and neither was the other one I found in Oregon. But this one, this one that was a 10 state 2385 mile trip one way was!

Lol. It's pretty crazy. My husband is meh.... My family is confused and I am not quite sure what to do next. I guess I will wait till it quits snowing for a couple of shakedown trips.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

I wish you both health and happy trails. Thanks for the warm welcome.

deb
deb
2003 Chinook concourse
Montana
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Get out there and enjoy it, don't worry about what people say. I traded my truck in so I could have the money to get mine. It's my main drive and while I'm sure my family and friends thought I was crazy, I don't care. They are now used to it and envious that I can get up and go with my dogs at any time I want. I've had enough fun up to this point going places that they are always asking, "where are you going next?".
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Skillet wrote:I've had enough fun up to this point going places that they are always asking, "where are you going next?".
And in Skillet's case, the answer would be "to the left-handed bacon festival," or "to the Velveeta chocolate plus musical instruments made from gourds shindig." I'm not kidding, he finds the craziest (in a fun way) events. And somehow he always ends up with a primo spot to put the Chinook (doesn't hurt that it's small and good looking :D).
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Ha! The weirder, the better. It's gotten hard to find something interesting to go to this side of the Mississippi. What I do find, it seems I'm working that particular weekend. I work 2 weekends out of the month. Besides the eclipse, I'm going to hit Mayberry Days in Mt Airy, Nc in September. I was a big fan of the show so it should be fun. I've been through the town before but never for a festival.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...