Ha! Hit first!

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Manitou
Site Admin

Ha! Hit first!

Post by Manitou »

When googling chinook rv forum that is.. Top spot now without any SEO.. Just interesting to the nerd in me.
Concourse

Re: Ha! Hit first!

Post by Concourse »

Manitou wrote:When googling chinook rv forum that is.. Top spot now without any SEO.. Just interesting to the nerd in me.

I hope it continues (still top spot today!). I found the people wonderful and information invaluable on the Chinook Yahoo group but the Yahoo format was horrible for getting information. A few months ago Yahoo made another change and now the silly format auto-scrolls to the top and away from where you were scrolling (down) every few seconds. I'm very computer savvy and have been active on the internet before it was the internet (remember message boards) so it's not me! Its a real shame that all of the information put into the Yahoo group is getting buried or lost over time and also that new members with their input and experiences will either not join the Yahoo group or be too frustrated by it. Hopefully more of the good people of that group will come over here (or participate in both....I try too but now it is very difficult) with the much more intuitive and versatile PHP format forum. How many php based forums like this one here are out there versus a few old school Yahoo Groups?
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I hear you on that, absolutely. I feel (and am) handcuffed on Yahoo! groups.

The Chinook Yahoo! group has dedicated moderators and a great history, but the Yahoo! format itself is just painful for me to use. To top it off I can't view/post photos (no idea why - and no problems on dozens of other forums, but same situation on other Yahoo! groups not just the Chinook one). I do participate there too, but am somewhat limited by the Yahoo! interface. I also don't like that Yahoo! can (and does) just change things around when they feel like it. Searching is possible but somewhat painful. I'm much more comfortable on a phpbb board, and like the easy posting of photos (in line) and good search ability.

Many times there is something posted on the Yahoo! forum that I could answer (especially with a photo), but I can't do it there, and I'm not comfortable saying "well then come to the chinookrvforum" because I feel it might bother the moderators there (and I can understand that). Kind of a bummer. I wish the Yahoo! group were interested in officially coming over here, but I guess that's not going to happen I hope this forum makes a go of it and very much appreciate Manitou getting it going. Thanks Manitou!
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

The content of the yahoo group is amazing. Too bad about the format, hence why I started this. If the new chinooks actually start being produced (on sprinter bodies) maybe we'll get an influx of new people here.
Regardless.. I like posting about my rig and didn't want a blog format. So here we are :)