Moving

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
SMan

Moving

Post by SMan »

FYI. We are signing papers on a new home in the morning and will be moving about 70 miles north of our current location. Because of that I may be absent a bit as I will be working to get the new place ready as well as getting our current home on the market. (Not that my expert opinions will be missed :lol:) We will have a short time without internet as well. I will check in and read as I can.

Happy travels!
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Moving

Post by Xatlatc »

I hope to be doing something similar in the near future. Have an easy move.
Rokrover

Post by Rokrover »

Our last move was 50 miles to a new home and the Chinook was a great asset for lodging, transport and moving van for household goods. Add a trailer out back and you could do most everything yourself shuttling back and forth. Good luck, Steve….
Ted C. / SW Arizona
"The Blue Chook" 2002 Concourse Owner: 2013-2019
SMan

Post by SMan »

Rokrover wrote:Our last move was 50 miles to a new home and the Chinook was a great asset for lodging, transport and moving van for household goods. Add a trailer out back and you could do most everything yourself shuttling back and forth. Good luck, Steve….
Thanks Ted! The plan is just like you said. Got the utility trailer ready to go. We are having "the big stuff" moved but well take care of the boxes! Going from a multi-level 3200 square ft home to a 2100 sq ft rambler. Should be our final move!
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Hi Steve,
I didn't realize that you haven't been in Marysville since the beginning of your postings here!
Where did you move from?
I moved in Nov. 2016 from a 4000 sf home with land and all the crap that goes with it (RV's, pool, hot tub, maintenance, yada, yada) in Santa Rosa, CA (beautiful warm wine country in Sonoma County/ Napa area), to a 1500 sf one in Seattle in one of the harshest winters Seattle had seen for many years! I do miss CA and drive go there often.
I've worked in Marysville many times and have frequented the Golden Corral a few times ha ha. Learned my lesson not to go there anymore.
I like Marysville. I wish I would have bought a place in Bellevue though.
Do you like where you are now compared to before?
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
SMan

Post by SMan »

I didn't realize that you haven't been in Marysville since the beginning of your postings here!
Where did you move from?
I was born and raised in Seattle and have lived in the Puget Sound area most of my life (except for a short stint in Illinois with grandparents in 1969). After 25 years in NE Tacoma we bought a bank owned house to flip in 2012 the Edgewood area. Stayed there for 5 years and they finally found a Rambler on a couple of acres up north near my wife's family. We are actually west of Marysville a bit in Snohomish County. Really like it up here (and being away from Seattle ;) ).

Good move avoiding Golden Corral :lol: Oh and this winter was a bit snowy wasn't it! :o
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

I really don’t mind snow. It’s the cold wind and rain, and gray gloomy sky that get me. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 that got me through all that snow. I actually loved driving in it!
I’ve worked in Tacoma too, and I’m not so fond of that area, maybe due to the drive from Kirkland.
Well, time to work on the rig now!
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge