Another new member

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
sliderock

Re: Another new member

Post by sliderock »

I didn't see anything of a coffee maker. Was that standard equipment from the factory?

My favorite way of making coffee is Starbucks instant picked up at Wal Mart or Costco. Not the best there is but not bad either.

I used some kind of furniture polish to liven up my interior but can't remember what it is called. Something like Tru Glo.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

It may have been just an option, I'll have to check out the original brochure I got with all the original paperwork. I'm the 3rd owner but someone was good enough to keep manuals. I've seen so many with the coffee makers (like mine) that I thought it was standard issue.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Classic, good-looking rig! I've always liked the look of that "old school" Ford body style. Well, actually, thinking back, I thought it was really weird looking when it first came out (such a long snout compared to "normal" vans), but it grew on me and now it just looks so classic and right. Crisp.

BTW, that's not pink, it's "mauve" :D

I once went to look at a Class A (so, big rig, lots of interior "real estate") and not only was the upholstery mauve, but so was the carpet, the valances and curtains, and even the shower stall and the corian kitchen countertops, dining table top, and coffee table top. That was a lotta mauve.

My '99 Concourse had the coffee maker, but it didn't survive contact with the first rest area on my way home (maybe it's perking coffee in a semi now?). I like coffee, but couldn't see using 110 electricity to make it when I have a stove right there, and plus it blocked so much visual/countertop space (although like you, I often drink the S'bucks instant).

Glad you persevered and got the photos posted.

Oh, one other thing I really like from your vintage rig: My era has a sort of box-like "spice cabinet" right over the counter, but it's kind of in-your-face when working at that counter. I like how yours has a shallower "rack" that also actually has much more capacity. Saved that for an idea...

This is the one that's in the later Concourses. Sometimes it has an additional open shelf above it attached to that "ear" on the inboard side.
kitchen sink side.jpg
1999 Concourse