Chinooks seen on the road

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Concourse

Chinooks seen on the road

Post by Concourse »

I realize that the Chinook RVs were expensive so much lower production that the more common panel construction Class C's so I'm always looking for Chinooks when travelling on the roads. In the past couple years I've never seen a modern one. In fact I can only recall seeing these two Chinooks.
Attachments
1c1.jpg
1c2.jpg
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Skillet

Re: Chinooks seen on the road

Post by Skillet »

Nice pics. My whole life here in the Mid-Atlantic I've never seen a Chinook. And I've only seen 2 truck campers too. Guess they're all out West.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

The Chevy one was in Arkansas and the Toyota was in Nevada. I've been coast to coast in the Chinook including Oregon and California and never saw one out there. But my Concourse spent most of its life in southern California and a few years in Florida though. There's an older molded fiberglass compact RV called American Clipper built back in the 1970s that was built in California and most of those were west coast sold and owned.
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
SMan

Post by SMan »

Being from Washington I still see them often both old and newer models. Most times when I stop for gas I am asked about ours.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Finally had one appear a few miles away from me. I first thought they were visiting 'cause I've never seen it before. But it's been there almost a month. I've been waiting to see someone outside one of these days so I can strike up a conversation about it.

P.S.- That's the same angle my driveway is at. Sucks for trying to run the refrigerator and I actually have a cleanout I could hook my waste tanks to, but it's behind and near the garage door. Gravity wouldn't be my friend...
Attachments
Chinook Spotted.jpg
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Looks like around a '95/'96 Premier (or at least, pre-1997).
Skillet wrote: P.S.- That's the same angle my driveway is at.
Well I guess if you use it as a guest cottage, no-one will overstay their welcome :lol:
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

There are more Chinooks around here, but they are still rare. I almost brought a Concourse from someone the next town over. I saw a 24 feeter driving down the street a few weeks ago. I also saw a Premier parked by the street where I worked, but it disappeared a few days later.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Colorider

Post by Colorider »

If I'm out and about for a week or so in mine here in CO and the surrounding states, I tend to see at least one during my travels. I always make sure to wave, but I've never gotten to snap a pic. They seem so show up in Moab, UT a lot. Probably since it's such a tourist destination.

There is one guy with a white and gray coucourse that goes to mountain bike events in the Colorado mountains. I haven't met him, but it's a nice one. At least compared to mine.
"Harvey the RV" - 1994 Chinook Premier, Dinette, 7.5L V8
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Yeah, I think the closer you get to their point of origin in Washington state, the more there are.

Perhaps with the new Concourses and Glaciers going to be built in Indiana, that'll change somewhat.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
dsh

Post by dsh »

Living in WA state we do see a few here and there, but still not allot. Always fun to see them. Just saw one the other day near Vancouver, WA where we live .....on the I-5 frwy by the Clark County Fairgrounds.
It was a Concourse with blue striping.