Lighted entry grab handle

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Concourse

Re: Lighted entry grab handle

Post by Concourse »

They age and get fracture lines in them. Don't use it if the fractures are showing or you'll find yourself on the ground with a piece of handle in your hand. :lol:
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

I totally agree and don't use it when I get in/out. It seems to be fractured from the inside because the outside is smooth. When would it light up? When the porch light is on?
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Yes, the porch light switch. It turns on the porch light, lighted entry handle, and the rope light across the interior step. (Excuse the lack of entry handle.....I was mid install of the new one)
Attachments
1l1.jpg
1l2.jpg
1l3.jpg
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Huh, need to see if I have a step light...
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Marlena

Re: Lighted entry grab handle. Where can I buy one??

Post by Marlena »

:?:
Skillet wrote: August 7th, 2015, 6:11 pm Very interested in your install as I need a new one myself. I keep going back and forth as to what I want printed on mine. I was thinking of Chinook and my last name (which will fit). I'm not worried about resale and having my last name on it. Maybe someone would think it's the model! But I do plan on holding on to this a long time.
Skillet wrote: August 7th, 2015, 6:11 pm Very interested in your install as I need a new one myself. I keep going back and forth as to what I want printed on mine. I was thinking of Chinook and my last name (which will fit). I'm not worried about resale and having my last name on it. Maybe someone would think it's the model! But I do plan on holding on to this a long time.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

A new handle is only $30 or $40? Just keep the old one, if you worry about resale valve. The difference is in the noise at that price. It is a reversible customization afterall. It is not like you going to cut the outside, and add a spiral staircase with hand rail or something. Go for it if you want to have the unique touches.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

Thank you all for the advice. I have ordered a grab handle for my 1990 Chinool Concourse. :-)
NUUKEEE

Post by NUUKEEE »

Hi folks.
I just followed up on the shop noted in this thread. They have a new website landing page and I pasted in the current page for Lighted Entry Grab Handles. Still looks like they are available ... which is good cause I need one now that I destroyed the OEM handle with one great big pull. :o

RV and Van Surplus
(888) 303-8586
https://www.rvandvansurplus.com/5500-Se ... p_187.html

5500 Series Lighted Assist Handle
Your Price: $51.95
Part Number:910110
1999 Chinook Concourse - Pretty Much Stock !!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I cemented mine together with acrylic cement (not glue). I guess getting a new one is a cheaper alternative compare to surgery for a broken hip.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis