Toilet upper seal?

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Manitou
Site Admin

Toilet upper seal?

Post by Manitou »

How does one get the old seal out? Anyone know the specific part for a new one? (Mine leaks down instead of keeping water up top)

Thanks!
Blue~Go

Re: Toilet upper seal?

Post by Blue~Go »

I'm about to go have coffee with a friend who has had this same model toilet in an RV for years, and repaired it many times. I will ask him and report back later today.
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

You're my boy Blue! (haha.. movie reference)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Okay, sorry to say this, but apparently you have to pretty much disassemble the whole toilet. Buddy had to do this many times over the years (he rolls eyes while saying this). What you need is called a "bowl seal kit" and is part number is 385311462. The seal kit does include instructions on how to make the repair. Buddy says "it's not going to be fun, but the instructions do tell you just what to do."

Just to confirm, my Chinook (and buddy's rig) have the Sealand Traveler model 511 (the 510 is the tall version of the same toilet - we have the short version since our toilets sit on a pedestal of sorts). Just so we're for sure talking about the same toilet.

Here are the instructions in .jpeg form, just so you can get an idea.
SeaLand Traveler 510 toilet bowl seal kit instructions.jpg
BTW, said buddy did just buy a new/different toilet which does not require disassembly to replace a seal. ;)
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

ahh crap! (almost literally). I wonder how much camping world charge to change it. Doesn't sound easy or pleasant.