My Chinook

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Blue~Go

Re: My Chinook

Post by Blue~Go »

Good idea! Always nice to see a post in the "My Chinook" thread. Hard to get too tired of looking at them in pretty surroundings (or even parking spots :D) I wish everyone would now add two photos of their rig! Would be fun to see them all. Even if they are not "great" shots (as these two certainly are not, but they get the idea across).

IMG_4198_2.jpg
IMG_4138_2.jpg
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

An even more horrible photo, quality wise, but in the spirit of showing our Chinooks..... like my sleek roof? :D I took this photo just after I "sleekified" it and it was almost dark out, hence the poor quality.
Sleek roof.jpg
(I decided to store the roof air "off board" for now -- to be put back if/when desired.)
1999 Concourse
1998chinook

Post by 1998chinook »

Nice Blue, I like the sleek roof look.

I'll post picks of mine later this week. I have been in the shop more than home over the last month. I have added front/rear sway bars, tune-up, new front shocks, and now I am in for a new radiator. When inspecting the engine, I noticed a small leak in the radiator and decided to replace it before some travel we have planned this fall.

The sportsmobile forums has a section for member builds. Members can start a thread where they post picks and updates to their rig. What do you guys think?
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

1998chinook wrote: I have added front/rear sway bars, tune-up, new front shocks, and now I am in for a new radiator.
Good move on the preventive new radiator. I like peace of mind on the road. I put on new shocks (Koni FSD), but have not done the anti-sway bars yet. They are on the list though! How do you like them? I put beefier ones on a previous car, and the change was amazing.
1998chinook wrote: The sportsmobile forums has a section for member builds. Members can start a thread where they post picks and updates to their rig. What do you guys think?
I hope more people will post their mods. Since most people aren't building a Chinook from a bare shell (like you might a van), it seems like the "Projects and Modifications..." sub-forum would suit well. Here is a direct link:

viewforum.php?f=4
1999 Concourse
1998chinook

Post by 1998chinook »

I went with the Hellwig sway bars, and it does make a noticeable difference. I always felt like I was kinda surfing down the road with a bit of a left/right sway, and now I don't have that feeling and am less effected by the passing semi and heavier winds. Just got a call a few minutes ago the radiator is installed and the rig ready to go. I'll get busy taking some pics, but I need to give it a good washing first.... wouldn't want you folks judging me on my dirty rig.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

1998chinook wrote:I always felt like I was kinda surfing down the road..
Not that there's anything wrong with surfing right? ;)

Dirty rigs are used rigs.. nothing wrong with that in my book. I suppose getting cleaned up for picture day is a good thing too though.

If anyone out there in cyber world knows of a good 4x4 shop in the Reno area, please let me know. Can't stop thinking about a 4x4 conversion, but it's probably more than I can handle on my own. Thanks!
1998chinook

Post by 1998chinook »

Astrodokk wrote:Well, here's mine. I'm in a minority since it seems that most Chinookers have rigs newer than 1990s. Nonetheless, mine is in good shape and it won't stop running in the event of an EM burst like all yours will lol.
Astro, really like your Chinook. How 'bout some more pics.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

1998chinook wrote: Astro, really like your Chinook. How 'bout some more pics.
Did you happen to see his whole thread on his (and other similar vintage rigs)?

Here is a link:
viewtopic.php?t=10

It is a great looking rig.
1999 Concourse
1998chinook

Post by 1998chinook »

Blue~Go wrote:
1998chinook wrote: Astro, really like your Chinook. How 'bout some more pics.
Did you happen to see his whole thread on his (and other similar vintage rigs)?

Here is a link:
viewtopic.php?t=10

It is a great looking rig.
Thanks Blue, that is a good looking Chinook.
1998chinook

Post by 1998chinook »

Just got it back from the shop. I had front/rear Hellwig sway bars installed, and the radiator replaced.

Washed it yesterday and took a couple pics.

You may notice the rear bumpers are not on. I took them off to have them straightened and re-chromed. Still waiting for them to get finished.