Business opportunity

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
A Rooney

Business opportunity

Post by A Rooney »

with low gas priced who needs a Sprinter? The Chinook out of production,and perhaps out dated in certain respects,has a fascination and following!Time to buy up promising rigs and restore or upgrade/ and trick them out.Let them revive the name with Sprinter chassis,I am fond of the older rigs,and at the market price there's plenty of room to improve it and shape it and still come out cheaper.There are already companies in California that refurbish vw vans,and one that specializes in Rialtas.Time for someone to do the same here.Guess I,ll have to wait on a Blue moon. Rooney
chinook440

Re: Business opportunity

Post by chinook440 »

I think you,d have better luck making a profit playing the lottery . ... Restoring any vehicle, especially an old RV is a labor of love . You,ll be lucky to get back half the price of parts . Labor is free . The value comes when you build one to suit your own needs then actually use it .
A Rooney

Re: Business opportunity

Post by A Rooney »

You are right of course,a labor of love,and yet like most labors,easier, quicker and perhaps better the second time.i live in a place where the wealthy plop down 175k for a coachouse tricked to their liking,so my vision is no doubt skewered! I think if I had the money,and wanted to roam in the gloaming in a comfortable and reliable manner,but I don't.have that money.I do think that the chinook even as it was at the end,was still evolving good but not perfected.There are chinook owners,(perhaps not here)that pay for their upgrades and take out costly policies to ease their minds of the burden others (here maybe)relish.But those are just thoughts Ido actually remember members on the other forum last year who upgraded their rigsto such an extent that people laughed there at their asking price,even though they could document money spent on all the upgrades.so you have a good point !