Chinook Vinyl Decals

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Blue~Go

Re: Chinook Vinyl Decals

Post by Blue~Go »

I'll have to look at mine now. I think it's possible that the "Chinook" logo on the front of the overcab is actually just a reveal of the white gelcoat. The main idea I meant to convey is that, while the Premier uses vinyl decals in the main, the Concourse uses paint and clearcoat. I don't *think* any of the logos on the Concourse are vinyl stickers, but I will have to check before I would say for sure.

As it happens, I'm going to be up on the roof tomorrow morning, so I will check my "Chinook" logo up there and report back. My guess is that it is white gelcoat "reveal" of the underlying surface.
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

kyidletime wrote:That's pretty much the same for me SMan. Blue said that the lettering on my Concourse should be painted on, so I think that I'm going to mask the letters off and spray paint them then sealing the whole area.
On my Premier they are just red vinyl letters with NO clearcoat so the challenge is finding something with a similar font. Black would even be fine for me.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I had saved a note where someone used the "Usuzi" font in italic with a 15% pitch for a fairly close match. Also, I would think that possibly a good vinyl shop could duplicate the font from a photo these days. This is done on boats with .pdfs and etc. So check with a good sign shop or place that does boat names/graphics.

Funny how the "lower" model of the Premier is actually easier and cheaper to fix up when the decals go bad than the "better" Concourse with its paint and clearcoat. Well, there are plusses and minuses to every rig.
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

Blue~Go wrote:I had saved a note where someone used the "Usuzi" font in italic with a 15% pitch for a fairly close match. Also, I would think that possibly a good vinyl shop could duplicate the font from a photo these days. This is done on boats with .pdfs and etc. So check with a good sign shop or place that does boat names/graphics.

Funny how the "lower" model of the Premier is actually easier and cheaper to fix up when the decals go bad than the "better" Concourse with its paint and clearcoat. Well, there are plusses and minuses to every rig.
I tried that font and it's looks great. I will try to source something locally for the cab-over letters. If/when I do I'll post. Thanks Blue.

Last edited by SMan on May 9th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I was up on the Concourse's roof this evening so I checked the overcab Chinook logo. It is not a reveal, but is instead raised. It may very well be a vinyl decal on top of the blue paint. I could not tell whether the clearcoat was over the logo or the logo over the clearcoat.

I also noted that the logos on each "flank" are raised above the paint, just like the overcab one.
1999 Concourse
Outdoor_funguy

Post by Outdoor_funguy »

If it's vinyl wrap, contact Gatorwraps, they wrap all kinds of crazy things and do lettering decals. You might also want to check Gatorprints. ;)