Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possible.

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
VTSweetpea

Re: Color Codes for Concourse stripes. Add yours if possibl

Post by VTSweetpea »

Here's the last code.
Attachments
RV mocha frost paint code.jpg
2001 Concourse 4x4
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Thanks VTSweetPea! I'm really happy to see more codes being placed here for future reference. It's so helpful since the paper stickers are not all that durable. Your maroon and gold is quite handsome.
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Blue~Go wrote:And then there's this one :D Grey stripes with mauve outlines, plus mauve pinstripes and mauve stripes! (which may or may not consist of any of the the other grey/mauve codes). It's a 1992, btw.
:D. Actually, that looks like a owner mod to me. There's a lot of repainted Chinooks around.

The reason I instantly thought that, is because not only is that combo totally out of pattern for the time, but that photo also looks a lot like my own Chinook when I was halfway through changing it over from red to grey. You see, it's very simple to paint some of the big inner stripes grey and leave the original thin red pinstripes on each side. Easy peasy mod.

Like the one in the photo, I thought the red/grey combo was pretty nice. But my wife wanted it to look less like "an RV" and unfortunately that color combo is pretty common for RVs, so I had to keep going to all greys.
painting
painting
image.jpeg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
In my photo, I was already starting to cover the original red thin striping with black and dark grey vinyl striping.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I thought I had seen more than one with that grey/mauve striping, but maybe not. I do agree that the pinstripes around the front fender flares are slightly out of character. Guess we'll see if any more pop up.
1999 Concourse
lucanemeth3

Post by lucanemeth3 »

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I NEED THE COLOR CODES FOR MY CHINOOK 2000. HERE IS THE PICTURE OF IT:

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE:)
Attachments
COLOR CODE PICTURE.JPG
retiredtim

Post by retiredtim »

Hope someone has your codes, I'm still looking for the brown/tan/gold for my 2000. Are you going to paint it yourself?
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

lucanemeth3 wrote:CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I NEED THE COLOR CODES FOR MY CHINOOK 2000. HERE IS THE PICTURE OF IT:

Have you looked at the second post on page two? That shows the grey codes for a slightly older Concourse, but I don't think we know they don't carry over to 2000. So they may (?). Perhaps (if you haven't already) you could note those codes and find some chips of them and compare them to your 2000. And then let us know if they match or don't.
1999 Concourse
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Blue~Go wrote:
lucanemeth3 wrote:CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME? I NEED THE COLOR CODES FOR MY CHINOOK 2000. HERE IS THE PICTURE OF IT:

Have you looked at the second post on page two? That shows the grey codes for a slightly older Concourse, but I don't think we know they don't carry over to 2000. So they may (?). Perhaps (if you haven't already) you could note those codes and find some chips of them and compare them to your 2000. And then let us know if they match or don't.
I have a 2001 Concourse with the silver/black stripes and those are the color codes. Just to repeat:

Dark stripes (blackish): Ford Medium Opal M6554 or PPG 4653, also Ford code WD
Light (silverish): Ford Light Opal M6631 or PPG 4837, also Ford code WM

Clay
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Great info, Clay. Thanks for confirming.
1999 Concourse
windswept

Post by windswept »

I've posted this on the "Around the Campfire" page. But now that I've found this thread I will post here too.
The pPg color chips on the internet look much bluer as my rig has a nice green hue. Sorry about the upside-down photos.
I've tried to flip them, but with no luck.
Attachments
PPG2.jpg
PPG2.jpg (23.7 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
PPG1.jpg
PPG1.jpg (25.35 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
20171007_180055.jpg