Water Tank Filling and Capacity

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Water Tank Filling and Capacity

Post by pdemarest »

Okay - Rookie questions of the day: Does having your rig hooked up to city water also fill the water tank or does the tank have to be filled from outside? Also, does the water heater fill up as the water tank is being filled or is there a trick to filling the hot water heater tank? I have a tent trailer that I gifted to my son-in-law and when filling the water tank on that rig you had to keep a hot water tap open until water came out in order to make sure the heater tank was full. Thanks!

Paul
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Water Tank Filling and Capacity

Post by Manitou »

I'll take a shot..
City water connection outside in the utilities hookup compartment is for water straight from the hose to the faucet.
Gravity fill port is for filling up the water tank (city water connection does not divert water to that tank)
Hot water tank will fill some, but will need to be purged of air (by running hot water) to get full.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

Hi Manitou - thanks - this sort of lines up with the tent trailer process.

Always something new to learn with these rigs.

Paul
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Don't forget to make sure the two valves under the sofa near the water heater are set to allow it to fill.

The valves are usually set to bypass the heater during winterization.

Should be a pic in the owners manual.

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)