fresh water tank

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: fresh water tank

Post by Scott »

deb wrote:Not wasting water guys...there are plenty of thirsty plants around here.

New to me rv, unknown water condition or source...just feel better filling it with fresh.

....Assuming I figure out how to do it.

Thanks again,
That makes perfect sense. I'm sure you'll get it. ;) Turn left to open the rear-most valve. You'll hear it dribbling on the ground near the driver side rear tire. Maybe get the front of the rig a little higher than the rear for more complete drainage.
1994 Premier
Renaschrein

Post by Renaschrein »

Just bought a 2018 countryside. How do I fill the fresh Water tank? I only see the one water hook up in the bay which I have hooked up to the city water but the tank doesn’t seem to fill. On my 5th wheel we have a separate fill but I don’t see one on this van.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

You may be the first modern chinook (sprinter based) owners here. Hopefully someone can help though.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I would like to get a hand on the manual if it is available. It is kind of like a brand new rig, so I will be surprised if the seller got the manual misplaced.

If you can see where is the 32 gal tank, you should be able to follow the gravity feed hose and see where to access it from the outside. The floor plan I found so far did not even show where is the freshwater tank, so I have no clue.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Renaschrein

Post by Renaschrein »

Sorry to be so late getting back to this and I appreciate everyone's comments. The RV has been stored so I didn't worry about it again until now.
The manual is very generic and none of the images match the Countryside. I did determine how to fill the tank but now I need to flush it and I have crawled under it and all around inside. I think I found the fresh water tank under the seat in the back and I don't see a drain plug. Does anyone have an idea where that would be? If not, I think I'm going to contact the manufacturer to see if they can help. It's sad that they don't make decent manuals.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Maybe the only way to get the water out is by the water pump???? I would definitely get hold of the manufacturer, since your rig is so new. Kind of disappointed that there is not a lot of info for the owners in the manual.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis