Wrong temp on rear view mirror

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Concourse

Re: Wrong temp on rear view mirror

Post by Concourse »

I looked at the photo of your mirror but its blurry (can't see the buttons, photocell, lights details). The shape of it looks like my 2004's mirror. Looking at the "Recreation Vehicle Data Card" glued into the closet at the rear door (did you look at that or is yours missing?) mine says in the "Rear View Mirrors" row that it is a Donnelly 19729 which I'm guessing is the Donnelly mirror that Jeanie had the info sheet on. So what is different about yours compared to the one in the info sheet?
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Concourse

Re: Wrong temp on rear view mirror

Post by Concourse »

Oh, I just went through a folder of documentation and found a PDF for CompassMirror Troubleshooting from Gentex which is the original equipment manufacturer for Ford (and others) rearview mirrors. I can't post it but I'm sure its Googleable. Keep in mind that most coach and even chassis parts are common aftermarket manufacturer parts available to and used by makers of end products like a Ford truck or a Chinook RV>

http://www.gentex.com/automotive/product-support
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)