CB Radio

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
dblcola

CB Radio

Post by dblcola »

Was wondering if anybody still uses a cb radio? Our unit came with one and the antenna has been removed. Was wondering if it would be worth the investment. Thanks :?:
Cozimoto

Re: CB Radio

Post by Cozimoto »

Same here, just bought a '95 and still has CB and the antenna mount but no antenna .... now I wonder if it was stock.
~Cozette~
'95 Chinook Concourse
Colorider

Post by Colorider »

Cell phones kinda killed the radio scene.
"Harvey the RV" - 1994 Chinook Premier, Dinette, 7.5L V8
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I don't use a CB (anymore) but I still think they can do things cell phones can't. Say you're driving along and there is a traffic issue up ahead (and you are not in a city or someplace where a traffic service would tell you). You can check with other CB'ers, or just listen to them. You can also "call someone up" whose number you would never know ("truck that just passed exit 27," or etc. Listen to weather/road chatter from folks coming the opposite way, that sort of thing.

Also, in some places cell phones don't have reception (and many of them are cool places to travel).

Whether it's worth getting up and running or not is personal choice, but I think they still have a certain use case (and some people just enjoy them).
1999 Concourse