New to Chinook

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
M Spec

New to Chinook

Post by M Spec »

I am considering the purchase of a Chinook Concourse. As I am new the these models, in fact new to the RV thing in general, I am posting looking for general information. Specifically, are there any years I want to stay away from, or are there any years I would want over another, e.g. I understand that in 2002 they changed the composite material of the shell. Also in purchasing, considering they will all be used models, are there certain issues I should be concerned with. In general, what do I need to know! I would like to keep my purchase price under mid 40's if I can. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
CarolinaCB

Re: New to Chinook

Post by CarolinaCB »

We are too! Just purchased a 2002 Concourse with 47,000 miles.
So excited to learn all we can about this unique RV. Perfect size for 2 to travel. We have updated a few things and plane to do more as we go along. Hope you find a Gem as we think we have!
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Hello and welcome to the group!

For starters, see this other recent "New to Chinook" thread asking similar questions:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=663

This post in that thread details more info:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=663&p=5165&hilit=video#p5165

Ask anything specific and I'm sure you'll get a response. Hmm. Looks like we really need a "newbie" info thread in the Reference section!

Best,
Kevin
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

CarolinaCB,

Welcome aboard! And congratulations on your new-to-you Chinook!

I think we have built up a reasonably good "library" of posts to search, but on the other hand, we don't want to discourage you from asking anything you like. We like to discuss :D
1999 Concourse