Kitchen faucet not pumping water

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Toc503

Kitchen faucet not pumping water

Post by Toc503 »

I have a 2002 chinook concourse. I am new to the rv life style so if I ask a stupid question please give me some slack. Kitchen faucet when turned on will not in gauge to water pump thus no water comes out. Any ideas on the problem. Checked the faucet in the bath room plus the toilet and both work fine. Thank you for any help in this matter.
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Kitchen faucet not pumping water

Post by Manitou »

That is odd. Maybe something is clogged or some valve is shutting water to the facet. I really don't know. Hopefully someone else replies with more incite. On my rig the sprayer connected to the toilet am doesn't work, but I haven't looked into it since the rest of my water system works (after replacing the water pump).
Toc503

Post by Toc503 »

Thanks for the response. One day it just stopped working. Before I start taking things a part thought I would check to see if any one had a problem like this. Again thanks
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Does you kitchen faucet have a filter inside of it (the head/handle)?
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Toc503

Post by Toc503 »

Don't know. The faucet looks to be the original faucet. I will be stopping buy the local rv shop today to pick up an order and will be talking to them about this problem. Hopefully they will know what the problem could be. When I find out I will post it. Thanks
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

A diagnostic idea: I never use "shore water hookup" (where you attach a pressurized garden hose to the water fill area and run from that). But I think that when you do then the coach water pump is not involved, right? The pressure is provided by the shore (hose) hookup? If that is true, then I wonder if you hooked up "shore/hose" water if the sink would work then? Might provide a clue, one way or the other.
1999 Concourse
Toc503

Post by Toc503 »

At the time it stopped working I was hooked up to shore water. The faucet when turned on had very very little water coming out and the water pump was not in gauged . I checked the shower and shower sink faucets and both worked.
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

If your kitchen sink faucet has the pull out head it will have a filter cartridge in it which could be clogged. Even it it doesn't have the filtered type there could be a build up of debris behind the nozzle screen (same as a house). The faucet itself has to be the problem as the water lines feeding it are Tee'd off the same lines that are feeding to the bathroom which is after the kitchen in the run (downstream of the kitchen). It won't matter if the coach is being supplied from the fresh water tank/pump or the city water port as the kitchen faucet is downstream. Also, there are no shutoffs or valves inline to the kitchen faucet supply lines that wouldn't affect all faucets in the coach. Keeping diagnostics simple, try the cold water supply for testing as that circuit doesn't involve any of the components in the hot water heat system. Shortest way to figure out the problem is to take apart the faucet what the water comes out (not the valve at the counter).
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Concourse: Sounds like a logical set of steps to isolate the problem.

Toc503: I hope you figure out the mystery problem (and then let us know what it turned out to be).
1999 Concourse
Toc503

Post by Toc503 »

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Found out what the problem was to my faucet. I disconnected the hose to the pull out on the faucet head. It turned out to be a clogged screen on the hose connection. Once I cleaned it out the faucet worked. Thanks to all who responded .