Fall is officially here in Canada!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Dano
**Forum Contributor**

Fall is officially here in Canada!

Post by Dano »

Thought I would share our beautiful backyard colours with you all and remind everyone to drain all your water out of your lines before it freezes!...Dano
Attachments
Playhouse.jpg
"Jewels" - '02 Chinook Concourse XL
Blue~Go

Re: Fall is officially here in Canada!

Post by Blue~Go »

Nice! I'm out west and there are pretty aspens - but I miss those truly deep piles of leaves you get from hardwoods. Classic fall.

That is a great little "house" --- did you built it? I love all the detail with the dormers, steeply sloped roof, trim, etc.
1999 Concourse
Dano
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Dano »

Thank you...Yeah, it's a playhouse I built for my daughter when she was about 3 years old. It is now holding all of my Chinook interior or most of it anyways until I decide exactly which direction the new one will take. Pretty fancy shed now :D
rgmullins

Post by rgmullins »

This was a timely thread. I drained my system last week and rather than fill the system with antifreeze I thought I would blow the lines out. I received a blow out plug from Amazon yesterday and tried to use it but I can't figure out quite what's happening. When the faucets are opened I can't hear any air coming out. The only place I can hear the air flow is when I step on the toilet flush. I have all the drain valves closed. Could the pressure regulator somehow be stopping the airflow? I started out with 40 psi and went to 100 psi with no change
Rick
Cincinnati, Oh
98 Concourse
Dano
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Dano »

Rick; Are any of your other drain valves opened that you don't know of? Outside shower? Low point drains behind the drivers eat? Tank drain beside the water pump? These might be letting air out and you don't realize it which would reduce pressure? I just attached a homemade air line hookup and mine seemed to blow out pretty strong. I left my faucets open just a touch to take some pressure off when the compressor started and then opened them both one at a time to get everything out and I could feel and hear the air. Kept mine down at about 50psi. I hooked my line up to the hose attachment and not the water tank fill hole. Is it possible you didn't attach your line to the right inlet? ...Dano
Norman&Michele

Post by Norman&Michele »

Hi Rick,
We just blew our lines out this past weekend. Did it last year for the 1st time, being brand new to the world of RVs. There is a wonderful video on YouTube--by RVGeeks, where they go through a step by step process, but doing it on a far more involved A class bus. I actually typed up the process on a cheat sheet so I would have it handy as we went through the steps. We live in Vermont, and our Chinook stays out in the weather, and we had no problems. We only put the pink stuff in the drain traps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjFAFFe7xs&t=298s
Norman&Michele
'Vinnie' the 2002 Chinook Concourse
Dano
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Dano »

Also, is there anything blocking the screen at the water hook up connection? There is a small screen in there to prevent debris from getting in, maybe it's actually doing it's job :)
rgmullins

Post by rgmullins »

I have yet to operate the system with a hose attached. Usually I'm boon docking with just the water I brought with me. I think I'm going to hook up a hose and see the water works as it should that way. I can't figure out why the air pressure doesn't seem to be reaching the faucets.
Rick
Cincinnati, Oh
98 Concourse
rgmullins

Post by rgmullins »

Unfortunately the problem is a broken water line. The city water connection comes in and then drops a couple feet to under the floor. It makes a 90 turn and makes a short run (5") to another 90 that takes it back up a short distance and then into the black water tank. The short 5" piece was cracked so I replaced that temporarily with some 1/2 hose. Now when I hook up a water line it is all leaking out inside the black water tank. I assume that line feeds the toilet. Does it come out the other side of the tank to feed the rest of the RV? The piping layout doesn't seem to match the diagram in the Chinook manual.
Rick
Cincinnati, Oh
98 Concourse
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

That is the inlet for pressure-washing the black tank.

The (city) pressure fresh water inlet is next to the gravity fresh water inlet (the larger screw-off top).