Chinook Wall Clock - Still Avaiable

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
tjmackle

Chinook Wall Clock - Still Avaiable

Post by tjmackle »

Chinook Wall Clock - Good News!

When my wall stopped for good once again, I wondered what were the odds of a replacement after 19 years. Here's how you do it:

1. Look at the back of the clock and Google the manufacturer.
2. When the web site comes up, use their search engine. It is very important that you use the correct phrase in order to bring up what you are looking for without having to look at half the clocks in China.
Type in " rv wall clock - three screw mount ". What will come up is is called the Brushed Brass model.
3. The unit looks like it will fit into the old mount but not so. Dont even try it or it will end up cross threaded and could break. The company is aware of this and provides a mounting adapter. They ship it
on the back of the clock and it lookes like a small white pie plate.
4. Remove the old plastic mount but dont throw it away because you may find a clock later that can use it. Hang on to the three wood scews. Line up the plate adapter over the the old mount hole - you will see the screw holes do not line up with the old ones so drilling is required. Double check your drilling spots to insure proper alignment. Screw in the adapter and you're back in business for just $34 bucks

It sounds just like the older model so the tick toc is as loud as over. I usually put it to bed in the closet each night before my wife throws it under the bus.
BTY, the clocks are made in Taiwan (no surprise) so allow three weeks for then slow boat from China.

Tom Mackle tjmackle@cox.net