Replacement Screen Door and other questions..

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Cascade

Replacement Screen Door and other questions..

Post by Cascade »

Hi I just purchased a 2003 Cascade Concourse and the prior owner threw out the rear screen door. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screen door, and screens for the side windows? Also, the bed motor seems to be really straining is that normal, if not is there a place I can get a new motor. Thank you!
Blue~Go

Re: Replacement Screen Door and other questions..

Post by Blue~Go »

Cascade wrote: March 20th, 2019, 2:13 am Hi I just purchased a 2003 Cascade Concourse
Hello Cascade, and welcome! Congrats on your new Chinook.

Can you clarify your model? I have a 21' Concourse, and have heard of the Cascade, but I think that's a larger one? 24-footer? Rear or side door? Parallelogram or Rectangular windows? That info will help us out.
Cascade wrote: March 20th, 2019, 2:13 am ... the prior owner threw out the rear screen door. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screen door
Who throws out a screen door?! After my camper van I sure do appreciate having one. Okay, maybe there was a good reason, but it just sounded funny, like "oh, we're not using that, toss it." ;) Anyway, as mentioned above, can you clarify your model? Also photos of the door might help. We can probably help you out once we have that.
Cascade wrote: March 20th, 2019, 2:13 am ...and screens for the side windows?
On the side windows, same thing on the model. Also, for that the window brand/model sometimes changed even within years, so can you post photos of things like the latch and screen tracks? That should help identify them.
Cascade wrote: March 20th, 2019, 2:13 amAlso, the bed motor seems to be really straining is that normal, if not is there a place I can get a new motor. Thank you!
I don't have the electric couch/bed, but I imagine someone else here does.
1999 Concourse
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Cascade wrote: March 20th, 2019, 2:13 am Hi I just purchased a 2003 Cascade Concourse and the prior owner threw out the rear screen door. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screen door, and screens for the side windows? Also, the bed motor seems to be really straining is that normal, if not is there a place I can get a new motor. Thank you!
Welcome, Cascade!
As far as the bed motor, can you find an I.D. plate or decal on the motor itself? Then a quick Google should be able to turn up some suppliers.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Cascade

Post by Cascade »

Hi everyone! I can tell you it is a Concourse - Cascade and is 24’ long. The gentleman who sold it to me stated he and his wife were on a trip and the door rattled too much so they stopped and threw it out on the side of the road. It has a rear door. And so far I love it. I attained two photos. I’m under the weather today but I will look for the bed motor plate. Another question... does anyone know where I could get a replacement solar panel? I also would like to add some more solar, if possible, but I’m scared of harming the integrity of the shell by mounting more on the roof. Thank you all so much!
Attachments
4DF65D7A-C004-4B55-9900-459CE947FE2D.jpeg
773441D1-C380-4CDA-B8EA-A10B17ED5960.jpeg
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Cascade wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 9:53 am Another question... does anyone know where I could get a replacement solar panel? I also would like to add some more solar, if possible, but I’m scared of harming the integrity of the shell by mounting more on the roof. Thank you all so much!
Cascade,
Regarding anything solar for the Chinook, your best bet would be to research this site. Solar is covered in several topics under different "board index" categories, just depends: electrical, projects/modification and even general. The "search" tool will help narrow things down pretty quick. Chances are most of your initial questions/fears will be addressed in these areas.
You'll get a lot of good advice from people who know, and most have posted several informative threads on the subject.

We've all been there. Good luck!
Hoosier
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Cascade

Post by Cascade »

Thank you!
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I think the models are confused here.

In the 21' long series the "upper" model is the Concourse. It has parallelogram windows and other fancy features. In the post 1990 era it is on the Ford chassis. The Premier is the more economical model in the series. It has rectangular windows and came stock with fewer fancy features (unless optioned up).

In the 24' long series (which is also wider), the "upper" model is the Destiny. Like the Concourse, it has parallelogram windows. The more economical model of the series is the Cascade. Like the Premier, it has rectangular windows. These are both on the Chevy chassis.

No Concourses are 24' and none are on the Chevy chassis (since the 80's). Concourses have parallelogram windows.

Since yours is 24' - and on the Chevy chassis - and has rectangular windows, it's a Chinook Cascade.

Attwood may have made the screen door. So they may be a source.

(Not your fault, but how disappointing that the previous owners would just throw (large) garbage on the side of the highway. I cringe even more because it makes RV-ers in particular look bad.)
1999 Concourse