Lost my external hot water heater cover!!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Lost my external hot water heater cover!!

Post by Flame »

Just got back from a trip about 1000 miles. Hit a small fawn deer with spots for starters and knocked off a running light and broke the plastic LOWER valance. It may have bent the lower bumper but at least it did not hit or bend the chrome bumper!! Bummpy roads in Ozark Mountains I lost the outside DOOR to my hot water heater!! I stopped at 2 RV shops and they said I had the "Suburban" brand. One place had the frame but no door. The other place had the complete unit"frame and door" but it was all black and I need white. Mine is a 1998 Concourse. Any suggestions where to find one? Should I look in wrecking yards or do you think they are still available?? Please advise. Thanks.
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
BobW9

Re: Lost my external hot water heater cover!!

Post by BobW9 »

My 2000 Concourse has the 6 gallon Suburban, with this door and frame. If you're just going to replace the door, and not the frame also, then make sure your current frame is the one with the 2 pins on the bottom, where this model door fits into. I saw somewhere that there is another type of frame+door for these water heaters, though I didn't look into it.

"Suburban 6255APW Polar White Water Heater"

https://smile.amazon.com/Suburban-6255A ... 191&sr=8-7
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Lost my external hot water heater cover!!

Post by Flame »

Wrecking yard GAVE me a used one but I will have to straighten a little and repaint but I believe is quite doable!! Now looking for lower front valance below bumper. Think I found a new one for $40 on Rock Auto. I don't think I will replace the fog lights. I do not drive at night and I'm always having to worry about hitting them on concrete parking stops! Anyone know how hard to replace the lower valance?
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark