New bumper

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
dougm

New bumper

Post by dougm »

I just ordered a new bumper for the Chinook because the clear coat is peeling off the original front cover. I could have had it repainted but i like being different. They said it will be 6 weeks before it arrives because they are built to order, plus i get a pair of 4 inch fog lights and a pair of 6 inch driving lights and free shipping. I was also considering a 4x4 conversion so i called Quigley and they will no longer do conversions on the Chinooks or any van older than a 2011 and no more than 60,000 miles. I also have some new front suspension goodies coming but i will save that for another post when the install starts.. I logged in on the computer to check my online banking account balance and it made a toilet flushing sound.
kdarling

Re: New bumper

Post by kdarling »

Yes, those things cost a ridiculous amount, but...

... boy, will it look good on your Chinook!!

:D
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
dougm

Re: New bumper

Post by dougm »

I procrastinated about it for a week just because of the cost. I searched the web looking for a cheaper one which i did find, but they just didnt have the quality appearance i was after, so i finally pulled the plug on my bank account and got this one on the way. I think im going to just mount it when it gets here to see how it looks on the Chinook before i have it powder coated a different color. I also want to redo the back bumper because i chipped one of the fiberglass bumper covers when i backed into a big rock. But i dont know if i want to have a custom one piece bumper built to mathc the front winch bumper or just get the rear covers repainted and yank the electric step, rebuild it and have it powder coated white again.... I should have done all of this during the summer, now i will most likely have to rent a shop bay to do all the work.