Interior height

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
WPhil

Interior height

Post by WPhil »

We are considering purchase of a 98 Concourse Xl. Love the floor plan and size, seems it’s in great shape. Unfortunately it has s a couple hour drive away so not simple to check it out easily. Can anyone in here tell me the interior height in the aisle of this model? I’m 6’2’ and dint want to have to duck every time I move around. I don’t care if there isn’t much extra, just don’t want less!

This one has the two sofas/dinette layout. Can anyone tell me if the sofas come together to form a single bed? The pictures make it look like there is a small gap that we might need to create something to fill to have a single sleeping surface.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Skillet

Re: Interior height

Post by Skillet »

In my '02, it's 73" from the floor to the bottom of the a/c unit. I'm 6'3 and it's just a tiny duck as you go under that and the fluorescent light fixtures. I wanted something I could stand up in when I was looking for a small rv. When the table is dropped and the couch opened, it makes one large bed, no gaps.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

In my '02, it's 73" from the floor to the bottom of the a/c unit. I'm 6'3 and it's just a tiny duck as you go under that and the fluorescent light fixtures. I wanted something I could stand up in when I was looking for a small rv. When the table is dropped and the couch opened, it makes one large bed, no gaps.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Here's some pics I've collected of the California King bed (84 x 72) that results from combining the sofa and dinette.
Note that you would sleep laying side to side with head and feet each at a side window (the 84"), not from front to back like the pillows seem in this second photo. The sofa is 72" long. The Chinook is 84" wide inside. Photos make it seem the opposite.
People usually get a coupla inch thick memory foam or other rollup layer to cover all the lumps and tiny cushion gaps. They sometimes can store it behind the sofa back when it's in the up position.
Last edited by kdarling on December 9th, 2017, 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

There is no gap, but sometimes people are bothered by the bumps and valleys. I am usually too tired with the driving to complain, but some people really hated the feeling when they sleep on it. I think you may not be too comfortable with the shower if you are tall, but no one can do a half-hour shower in a RV anyway.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
WPhil

Post by WPhil »

Thanks so much all, we are going to take a look tomorrow. Seems like it might work for us. If so, I’m sure I’ll be back for many more questions and answers.