2004 Chinook Glacier 2500

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
blues46

2004 Chinook Glacier 2500

Post by blues46 »

I am currently looking at a 2004 Glacier in very good condition and low mileage. Any particular areas of concern with this model?

Thanks!
Jermanitor

Re: 2004 Chinook Glacier 2500

Post by Jermanitor »

I bought one two years ago. No problems yet. Mine had 40K when I bought it. These engines are pretty dependable.
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Only thing I've ever heard is making sure the slide works smoothly and the slide seal bladder works.
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
blues46

Post by blues46 »

Thanks for the feedback. Slide works great, and bladder is good. Going to take another look tomorrow and check out all the "systems". She has 47K on her, and it is currently a toss up between an '05 Concourse with 10K more miles, and same price. I really like the extra room (and bathroom) in the Glacier.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If you have no problem drive the larger vehicle, you can't get too big. I would go with a Glacier too.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Carol and Wayne

Post by Carol and Wayne »

Jermanitor wrote: December 8th, 2017, 4:44 pm I bought one two years ago. No problems yet. Mine had 40K when I bought it. These engines are pretty dependable.
We bought our Glacier last spring and left it in Arizona as we had trouble with Canadian Transport saying it did not make Canadian Safety standards according to VIN Number. I did a carfax and it spent 6 years in BC Canada. So instead of fixing the info on the VIN number, they sent me a 6-month letter allowing it to be imported into Canada. We had already left Arizona and now the letter has expired. The VIN says it is a Ford Econo van and not a Chinook Mortorhome. That was a comment more than a question. My question is the slide. When we came back to our winter place in Arizona, we had issues that "We" did not understand. Paying RV repairmen that did not understand our Chinook any better than us... Last straw was yesterday when we were leaving Palm Springs from a 2-night stay and the slide would not go in. i believe it was our lack of understanding the process of bringing it in and the lack of knowledge of the "2" repairmen that came out. $300.00 later after their service head-scratching call, under the motorhome banging, they said the compressor was screwed and they released the air out of the bags. Had all the computer boxes out and decided to push in the slide manually, hence the rain we had run off the slide and into the computer box. I said "Wow, that is not good," The main repairman said, its ok, there wasn't much and the other man said, it will dry out while you are driving..... I am not even sure what my question is, to be honest with except, I don't think we will put the slide out again..... Hopefully, the computers will work to put the bed down..... Any comment on this situation???????????? Appreciate any help! Will try a local dealer of RV's mechanic, but is there anything that I can tell them in regards to the series of actions to get the slide out to begin with???????
dean271

Post by dean271 »

Just bought a Glacier and having slide issues. What did you do about your slide problem?
djmoynahan

Post by djmoynahan »

We just bought a 2004 Chinook Glacier & have slide issues, found the bladder was always deflated. Went all the way to HWH, spent 2 days there, left there, drove 8 hrs. - slide wont go back in. We cannot use our slide, any suggestions.
ltg

Post by ltg »

To retract the slide. Press emergency brake. Turn key to activate slide. Yellow light should start blinking. Slide bladder should start to deflate. Air compressor may start to run. Yellow light should stop blinking and stay on. Press retract button. Hydraulic pump should start to run. A few seconds later slide should come in.
At what part of this sequence is not happening? Yellow light is not blinking? Slide bladder does not deflate? Yellow light will not stop blinking and go steady? Hydraulic pump does not run?