Model ?s

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Duke

Model ?s

Post by Duke »

so I understand a premier is like the base model ford and the concourse is its upgrade seems like most everyone likes the fords. So I gather the cascade and destiny are the chevy counterparts but I don't know if one is the base and one is an upgrade? also how do the chevys compare to the fords? also should they cost less or more than a ford or are they about the same value? I have heard the chevy are alitle bigger is that true? and have any been coverted to 4x4 ? and were any ever built with th Duramax?Thanks Wade/Duke

on a side note I was born a ford guy dad sold them all his life I have owned many ford vans 3 of which were diesels ,with that said I inherited a chevy impala which never broke down and had less minor glitches than any ford I have ever owned so I am curious to hear your guys opinions.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Model ?s

Post by chin_k »

Duke, I suggest you read the following page, and see if that answer some of your question. It is a great article on the history of Chinook.

https://tincantourists.com/wiki/chinook/

Here is the excerpt:
Entering the 21st Century, a new model called the Chinook Destiny was added to the lineup in 2001. Essentially a “stretched” version of the Concourse, the 24 foot long Destiny was built on a Chevy C30 1-ton Van chassis featuring the V-8 Vortec engine. The three extra feet in length and extra foot in width allowed for a more spacious bathroom at the rear of the unit, albeit still a “wet” variety in which the sink and commode were incorporated within the shower area. A multi-drawer pantry, larger clothing cabinet and internal storage area for the spare instead of the “Continental” tire kit used on the Concourse rounded out the major differences between the two. A lower-cost version of the Destiny with the lesser quality features modeled off of the Premier (including the same squared off windows) followed a couple of years later and was marketed as the Chinook Cascade.
As for Ford/Chevy, my first car was a Chevy that I brought for $400. I managed to spin the odometer over twice, since it only have 5 digits. When I donated it, it read ~ 6000 miles. If I still have it, I bet it still runs. I still prefer Ford because their parts are more available, and more common.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I am a die hard Chevy guy, hence my name and still have my Camaro, but I do like the Ford V10.

However, when I was looking I never saw a Chevy based Concourse/Premium model. When I looked at the other Chinook models I did notice the Chevy's had a premium price to them and at least in my area they went quicker than similar Ford model. Personally if I had my choice I would pick the Chevy over the Ford, but I am very happy with the Ford and not even sure they used the Chevy in the Premier or Concourse.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

The longer, wider Chinook Destiny is Chevy based in our era models.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge