Newbie trying to get on the road with my 2004 Summit

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
LucindaP

Newbie trying to get on the road with my 2004 Summit

Post by LucindaP »

Hi! I am trying to work my way through our 2004 that we purchased winterized. So I need to know why when I use the water pump or the city water, the water pours out the bottom from red and blue hoses. My thought is there is petcoks open for drainage. My questions is I read that for my side entery rig, two petcocks are in the coach and the 3rd is on the water tank...WHERE!?!!? Next will be the lp!!! :o
Total newbie owner of 2004 Summit... LOVE IT!! :D
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Newbie trying to get on the road with my 2004 Summit

Post by chin_k »

Did the previous owner left you a manual? I tried to look for it, but I give up after a few clicks. I have the little Concourse, so it is very different, and won't be much help to you.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
LucindaP

Post by LucindaP »

Nope sadly no manual...I have been fumbling through with a Glacier manual but it lacks the detail needed! :(
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If you have a facebook account, you may want to join the RV Owner group and see if anyone there have a copy of the manual or be able to tell you more. There is a www.chinookrvclub.com that you can take a look and see if you want to join the club. I check their reference section, but no luck on the manual. There are more Summit people at the facebook, however. Most of us here are the little guys, the Concourses and the Premiers.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
LucindaP

Post by LucindaP »

Good idea! Thank you! :)
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Check out Blue~go. He posted something about accessing the area around side entry, but I don't remember exactly what. You can find him in the member list and check his profile for posts made. Good luck.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
dougm

Post by dougm »

Not certain whats diffeneces there are between the Glacier and the summit but heres a 2004 Glacier manual. It shows some valve positions and a diagram of where the valves are all located.
ChinookGlacier2004Manual.pdf
fresh water system.PNG
drain.PNG
water heater.PNG