Chinook RV Forum

It is currently February 25th, 2018, 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Winter travel
PostPosted: January 4th, 2018, 12:44 pm 

Thanks Harvey. Weather forecast says overnight temps where/when I plan to travel forcast low 30s. Only 1 night at a time dry camping until mid texas, where I assume overnight temps will be in 40s along #10. Wearing a hat is an idea I hadn't thought of. Thanhs. Will add 1 to my blanket stash.

background-color: #C1CAD2

PostPosted: January 4th, 2018, 1:24 pm 

:o Note to self: Don't touch anything in Blue's Chinook if the bathroom sink has no water. :lol:

PostPosted: January 4th, 2018, 8:51 pm 

Now if you knew me, that would be funny. I ALWAYS wash my hands, thoroughly, with soap, after using the bathroom. Not having a bathroom door has no effect :D

Actually, I carry a pump bottle of liquid soap and a spray container (plastic water bottle with a sprinkler lid) in my car just because I hate being sick, and so I wash my hands whenever I get back to the car from shopping, getting gas, etc. I got used to being able to do that once I had my campervan (and now the Chinook, both with "real" kitchens) and suddenly the car felt so ... grubby! I do often grab something to eat for the car/trip, and so I'd have to wash my hands in the store then try "not to touch anything" on the way out. Compared to that it's really nice to just have a mini handwashing station in the car (both the soap and water fit in one of the "pouches" in the door and a roll of paper towels is always tied around the passenger headrest bars).

Ha, so now you'll probably go from not touching anything in my rig to assuming I'm practically OCD about keeping my hands clean :

PostPosted: January 5th, 2018, 10:18 am 

There are always some elements of OCD in our behaviors. Yours is pretty mild.

I just checked the weather broadcast for some of the mid-west and northeast regions. Wow, that's definitely freezing temperature. I don't think I remember weather as chilly as this with the ten years that I lived in New England. Definitely need to winterize some of the plumbing if I ever need to go there with my rig.