1989 Ford cab carpet

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
bearnval

1989 Ford cab carpet

Post by bearnval »

I have read posts here and there by those who have replaced or refurbished the cab carpet. Mine is in terrible shape. I have tried searching the usual internet places for replacement carpet but I’m not sure what to search for that will fit correctly. Any assistance would be appreciated.
SMan

Re: 1989 Ford cab carpet

Post by SMan »

When I replaced the carpet in my 1969 El Camino I purchased from Stock Interiors. I was very happy with the carpet. Below is a link. Not sure if E350, is the same as 150 and 250. Note they have a fitment disclaimer for an RV.

https://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarp ... odelId=218
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I'm no expert on the ~1976-1991 Ford E-Series but I'm reasonably sure there isn't any difference in the cab of an E-150, -250, or -350 in 2WD form. They may have the RV disclaimer because some RV mfgrs. alter the doghouse a bit (but Chinook doesn't that I've seen).

The carpet in mine is in good shape, but I sure wish I could find the OEM "rubber" flooring that came in some cargo vans instead of carpet. Some modern sound deadener with that on top would be great, IMO. Never was able to actually find it for purchase though.

Instead, I made a pattern and cut some extra "puzzle foam" flooring I had lying around as a top cover. It's just okay, but at least keeps the carpet from getting gross (carpet in an RV..... don't get me started...).
1999 Concourse
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

When I replaced my carpet (a lovely orange-brown shag) in the cab of my 2003 Premier I spent hours scouring the internet and could not find a drop-in replacement. I wound up have my upholstery guy install carpet that he had to cut and form fit himself. I did have him install Dynamat underneath and it quieted down the cab considerably. On top of the carpet I have Husky liner mats (WeatherTech doesn't make any for the E series vans) so I don't wind up with wet or muddy carpet. Agree with Blue about carpet in an RV and can't wait until I'm able to replace the living area carpet with wood or vinyl flooring. When I have that done I'll put a layer of Dynamat under that as well.
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
bearnval

Post by bearnval »

Thank you for the leads. That Stock Interior carpet looks like it would work well. I agree, the rubber flooring would make more sense. Now I’m beginning to wonder if I want to spend $130 on carpet just so I can cover it up with floor mats so it doesn’t get dirty.