Hershey RV Show

Travels and adventures.
Skillet

Hershey RV Show

Post by Skillet »

Anyone going to this in Pennsylvania? It's Wednesday through Sunday next week. I'm going Wednesday, as it's only a few hours away from me. Just have to time D.C. rush hour traffic carefully...
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Hershey RV Show

Post by Xatlatc »

Skillet, My lovely bride and I will arrive in Hershey this afternoon(Tuesday) and will be staying at the Hersheypark Camping Resort until Friday morning. I was told we'll be on site 144 but subject to change I'm sure. Right now we are having coffee at Atrillery Hill 'Resort' in Gettysburg getting ready to go to the Visitors Center then start the auto tour of the park. I bought a self guided tour on tape off of Ebay to use while driving to the stops. I know we won't see everything we want to see today so I've planned a route back through here on Friday afternoon and plan to stay at a State Park about fifteen miles west of Gettysburg. From there we will decide to continue to New England or maybe go to the Cherry Hill Campground in
Washington,DC. We're really just meandering and learning about the Chinook as we go.
PM me if you wish and I'll send you my cell number. It would be nice to meet.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

I've been through that Battlefield many times, but never tried an audio tour. Sounds like you're making a good trip up North.
Not sure when I'm leaving the house but will probably get there around lunch. I'll shoot you my number and hopefully we can connect. I'm just going to look at as much as I can, I don't really have an agenda. If I remember, I'll bring you some Metro passes in case you decide to go into D.C. It'll save you some money when riding around on the subway.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

I sent a pm, if you don't receive it please post here and I'll try again.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

I did get it and replied via text. Hope to find you tomorrow!
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Sounds like a fun meetup. I don't think I've ever met another Chinooker in person.
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Well, managed to locate and meet with Xatlatc. Great and easy-going guy. We spent quite a bit of time talking and laughing. But since we met on the grounds, we didn't get a chance to see each other's rigs. If you have a chance to catch up with him in person, please do.

The show was worth going to but a *lot* of walking. 3 football fields worth. Too bad Chinook didn't show up with their new model cause I would have loved to climb around it. If I had the money and was going for something different, I'd go for a Leisure Travel Van or a Born Free. Roadtrek didn't do it for me. Their models just didn't seem as open and I felt more confined.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

My dogs are barking! I haven't walked this much in years. The RV show in Hershey is really worth attending even if you're not really looking to buy a new rig. I found a vendor selling LED RV lighting with a large selection of bulbs including replacements for our fluorescent housings. The economy appears to be improving in the RV world by the large amount of 'sold' signs I saw. That said, I didn't see anything that made me want to replace my Concourse.
Meeting Mr. and Mrs. Skillet was a real treat. I have a feeling our paths will cross again someday and I look forward to that day.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

The "new chinook"? Can someone start a thread to give some info on what it is? Thanks.
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

See this page and make sure to click the "HERE" slideshow link at the bottom of it.

http://chinookrvclub.com/newchinook.html
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)