2016 Vacation Planning

Travels and adventures.
Kerri

2016 Vacation Planning

Post by Kerri »

As we what here in Illinois for 81 more days til spring. I thought about planning a get away in our new used Chinook. Looking to be traveling and be gone for 6 days! So any ideas would be welcome!
We've taken weekend trips but that's it.

Thank you in advance for your ideas!!
Kerri
Skillet

Re: 2016 Vacation Planning

Post by Skillet »

I understand that going around the Great Lakes is really nice. You looking for desert, mountains, water? Try this site and input some things like approx. mph and how many hours you want to drive: https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
chinook440

Re: 2016 Vacation Planning

Post by chinook440 »

I,ll second the great lakes idea . I,m from illinois as well and with just 6 days you,d be hard pressed to find a better place to explore IN THE SUMMER than the eastern shore of lake michigan . The state of michigan has lots of nice state parks on lake michigan with Large Sand dunes and lots of nice towns along the way .

Start around van buren s.p. / south haven area and keep going north . silver lake s.p.

Ludington s.p. sleeping bear dune s.p. then over to the traverse city area. . There,s many other parks and places along the way just trying to give you an idea if you never been there.

Prime summer months though you best start making reservation now.
Attachments
michigan july15 048.jpg