Lewisburg, Wv Chocolate Festival

Travels and adventures.
Skillet

Lewisburg, Wv Chocolate Festival

Post by Skillet »

On Saturday I drove 4hrs into the mountains of West Virginia to attend Lewisburg's 10th annual Chocolate Festival. I drove the night before and parked at one of the municipal lots so I could get there early and purchase tickets. The event is free but they sell tickets to the tastings and chocolate brunch. All this benefits the United Way (and my love of chocolate).

It was 28 that night and 54 inside the rig. I haven't gotten my Wave6 installed yet and wished I had. When I looked out the window at 7am snow was coming down hard and I was hoping the event wouldn't be postponed. Turned out it wasn't so I made my way over to the brunch at the library. I spoke with a lot of friendly people and they said they normally have thousands come but the weather was turning people away. More goodies for me!

From the library I left the Chinook and my dogs and walked down to the town. They shut the main streets down and I got my tickets for the tastings. 34 stores and restaurants had tasting stations and various forms of chocolate. The head chef from the Greenbrier put on a class on how to make truffles. It snowed all day and was like a winter wonderland. Looked like by the end, hundreds showed up so it wasn't a bust for the town. I'm definitely going back next year but I don't think I'll get as lucky with the crowds. This was a freak snow and they said it's normally sunny and in the upper 60's.
Attachments
20160409_Chinook Snow Lewisburg Wv.jpg
20160409_Chinook Lewisburg Wv Chocolate Festival2.jpg
20160409_Chinook Lewisburg Wv Chocolate Festival.jpg
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Skillet

Re: Lewisburg, Wv Chocolate Festival

Post by Skillet »

Here are some pics of my chocolate brunch (to include chocolate raspberry coffee and a tall, thin glass of white chocolate mousse) and some of the samples I was munching on. I got my fill of chocolate and had to eat something substantial before I left.
Attachments
20160409_Chinook Lewisburg Wv Chocolate Festival Brunch.jpg
20160409_Chinook Lewisburg Wv Chocolate Festival3.jpg
20160409_Chinook Lewisburg Wv Chocolate Festival4.jpg
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Wow, a true winter/chocolate wonderland! Isn't it cool to be at something where "extreme" conditions make you one of the special ones who made it there. Can see why you wished for the cozy Wave.

Those are a couple of handsome pups you have - I bet they love their Chinook trips.
1999 Concourse
SMan

Post by SMan »

A chocolate festival would be great. Looks like winter is holding on there. On my trip to eastern Washington it hit 80 on Friday.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

The pups are getting more used to travelling, but they will stress out for a while. When I get back from a trip I have to detail it because of all the dog hair. That's one of the reasons I want to put down laminate flooring.
For the festival I called the folks in charge and told them I wanted to come down and boondock the night before. They told me to park in a municipal lot and it would be ok. I called their local PD to make sure and all was good. It was funny that within 15 minutes of pulling in, 3 cars left from various spots. Turned out that was the local make-out location and I must have ruined all the privacy!