Duck, North Carolina

Travels and adventures.
Skillet

Duck, North Carolina

Post by Skillet »

My latest trip was last month. For my sister-in-law's 50th, my brother and his family rented a house at the Outer Banks. They invited me along and I said I would as long as I could driveway surf. I needed an escape living quarters in case my family drove me nuts! There are no public access beaches in Duck to park at. While the beaches are open to the public, you have to be staying in a house there. This house was probably 200yds from the ocean, so it was an easy walk.
Attachments
Duck NC.jpg
Duck NC My Dogs Nephew.jpg
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Blue~Go

Re: Duck, North Carolina

Post by Blue~Go »

You sure have a knack for finding great locations, unique events, and great ways to stay in them (in your Chinook, of course). Sweet!

Side note: Good plan on setting the parameters with the family first. I can't even remember how many times (over the years and various campers, vans, etc.) people have INSISTED that I "come inside and sleep in a real bed." Yeah, right, I'd sleep so much better draped over your hide-a-bed metal bar, with the light always on in the next room, the heat set at 78º with permanently sealed windows, the refrigerator rattling, and the kids getting up at 5 a.m. Uh-huh.

Can't imagine why I'd want to sleep in my own bed, in my own space -- and yet just steps away from the goings-on. :D

Well, the way you "pre-arranged" everything I'm sure it all went smoothly and there was no negotiating, disappointment, etc. Them in the house, you in your Chinook with the pups, and everyone hanging out during the day. Yeah!
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Re: Duck, North Carolina

Post by Skillet »

Yeah, they had a spare bedroom ready for me, but I made it clear up front I'm staying in the rv. With the kids running around I wouldn't be able to sleep in like I wanted to. They knew enough to text me to see if I was up before coming down to bang on the back door. And I missed all the sibling fights, etc. Worked well for me!
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...