Attachments
image.jpg
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: Florida

Post by Manitou »

Fish on!
Just south of Melbourne beach.
Headed to St Andrews near pencacola this weekend and ultimately just east of "nawlens" for a few days.
Attachments
image.jpg
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

Cafe de New Orleans in Biloxi, MS. Awesome place. I still haven't actually made it to
"Nawlens" yet in my life, but love the food style.
Crawfish etoofee (spelling?) was a first and amazing
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Mmmm...

(étouffée)

Nice to see photos from your travels.
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I've done roughly 4000 miles since purchasing my chinook in mid-July. Attached is a screen capture I use to track MPG and overall money spent on gas. It's tough to accept it sometimes, but I'd rather know than stick my head in the sand and ignore it. After the 4x4 conversation is done in Colorado, I'll post up another screen capture to see how the conversion affects mpg.
Attachments
image.jpg
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

Overall average of the 4000 miles is 10.6 mpg. See a few 12's when it's all hwy driving (doesn't seem to matter if it's 65 or 72ish. Slowing down and speed back up of city driving effects it much more. Worst so far was 8.9. Best was 12.3. My little odbII reader can show 14 on a flat stretch at 65, but getting up to that speed from 0 takes so much fuel that I don't think I'll ever see even 13mpg for a whole tank.
Concourse

Post by Concourse »

Manitou wrote:Overall average of the 4000 miles is 10.6 mpg. See a few 12's when it's all hwy driving (doesn't seem to matter if it's 65 or 72ish. Slowing down and speed back up of city driving effects it much more. Worst so far was 8.9. Best was 12.3. My little odbII reader can show 14 on a flat stretch at 65, but getting up to that speed from 0 takes so much fuel that I don't think I'll ever see even 13mpg for a whole tank.
Last year I saw an overall trip (7000 miles) average of 11.6mpg. This year it was 10.3mpg (5000 miles) probably due to spending several days travelling around the 11,000 ft elevation Rocky mountains in Colorado. The fuel mileage for these 2004 Concourse's are good when compared to other RVs. The big V10 seems like it would be a gas hog but it has lots of power so doesn't require downshifts like smaller engines do and that keeps the guzzling high revs down. The diesel Sprinter based Class C RVs have gotten some impressive mpg claims but it seems that when they went from the 5cyl to 6cyl on 2008 the mpg claims went down. I spoke with a Sprinter owner driving a 2012 coach while at a campground in TX this year and he said he gets 14mpg with best case being 16mpg on the flats with a tailwind. The price difference between a Concourse and a diesel Sprinter is ~$20,000 on the used market and thats a LOT of gas!!!!
2004 Chinook Concourse (Sold and missed)
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

Oh I agree! Now that I think about it, I think an engine swap to a V8 or even that's all ford turbo v6 they are putting in trucks these days might be the best bet if a v10 blew up. The 6.0 diesel turbo sure sounds awesome, but the economics of gas vs diesel really doesn't seem to be that different (adding the extra cost of diesel.. Which makes no sense since it only takes 1/3 of the processing to produce diesel vs. gas.. Going off on a tangent though)
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Manitou wrote:I've done roughly 4000 miles since purchasing my chinook in mid-July. Attached is a screen capture I use to track MPG and overall money spent on gas. It's tough to accept it sometimes, but I'd rather know than stick my head in the sand and ignore it. After the 4x4 conversation is done in Colorado, I'll post up another screen capture to see how the conversion affects mpg.

Is that an iPhone or Android app? I have an Android and like the simple looks of that data.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Manitou
Site Admin

Florida

Post by Manitou »

Florida