Jack Daniels BBQ Championship- October 22, 2016

Travels and adventures.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Jack Daniels BBQ Championship- October 22, 2016

Post by Xatlatc »

Come join me at the Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ in Lynchburg, Tennessee this October 21-22, 2016. We toured the distillery last April and read about the annual BBQ Championship Cook-off they sponsor each year. Apparently 20-25k people attend the event to watch the secrets of smoking/grilling and tasting the finished products. I've never been, but it sounds like fun. Tims Ford State Park is about twenty minutes away and it offers a few full hook-ups, lots of water and electric sites and cabins to rent. They were upgrading the cabins and shower houses last April. What else do you have to do?
Come join us.
Skillet

Re: Jack Daniels BBQ Championship- October 22, 2016

Post by Skillet »

Seriously considering seeing if this trip might work. I was thinking of going to Topsail, Nc again that week, but might do this instead.
'02 Concourse where there's always a project going on...
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

Here's a Facebook link for information. https://www.facebook.com/thejackworldchampionship/
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Xatlatc,
What a nice/fun invitation! I won't be anywhere near there on those dates, but if I were I'd join in.

Skillet,
This sounds right up your alley :mrgreen: I hope you do go.
1999 Concourse
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Xatlatc: What is your itinerary? I might actually do this. Maybe follow you down?
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Met X down at the BBQ and had a great time. He got there the day before me and was able to scope the place out. He was very kind to find me a parking spot (only $5) on someone's lawn within easy walking to the event. I'll have a few pics soon.
Skillet

Post by Skillet »

Finally getting around to posting some pics. Here's a link to a 360 pic of the main square before the crowds really got it filled. Love bluegrass and they had a good band playing. http://360.vizor.io/v/1ay Give it a few seconds to load and then scroll around with your mouse. Sometimes it starts out dark and after 20sec or so it lightens up.

Here's another that's the entrance to the Jack Daniel's distillery. http://360.vizor.io/v/yaa
All the good stuff is well behind it that you can see with several levels of tours. I opted for the 5 sample taste-test and it sold me on 2 varieties that I ended up coming home with. A honey infused and cinnamon infused. "Honey" and "Fire".

The pictures are of the site (yard) that Xatlatc found for me, as he arrived earlier than I did and did a recon the night before. After I arrived he parked in front of me and we hung out for a bit. I only had to pay $5 for 24hrs and it was easy walking distance to the bbq/distillery show. Lots of good bbq. Got down to 45 that night but I had a good blanket and two dogs. The night before I stayed at a winery about 2hrs away (it was a 9hr drive for me) via HarvestHosts.com and then made the drive in the day of the bbq.
Attachments
Jack Daniels BBQ 1.jpg
Jack Daniels BBQ 2.jpg
Jack Daniels BBQ 3.jpg
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

Here are a few pictures of the event.
Attachments
This guy was an artist getting his ribs ready.
This guy was an artist getting his ribs ready.
Great weather
Great weather
Judging pavillion
Judging pavillion
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Great to see all the photos. That barn looks huge! Looks like you scored some good camping spots, too.
1999 Concourse