Having a house built so we’re hitting the road again/still

Real-time updates from forum members actively traveling.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Having a house built so we’re hitting the road again/still

Post by Xatlatc »

After selling our house and traveling the country for the last eleven months, it appears we’ve got a few more months to travel while a new house is built. So we’re off to experience a New England leaf peeping adventure not to mention to fill the freezer with lobster.
Tonight we’re staying with about 1200 other RV’s in Myrtle Beach with plans to go to New Bern, N.C. tomorrow. We usually don’t travel very far each day but hurricane Florence may push us a little faster. The water at the beach is very, very warm so Florence may make a mess if it hits this area.
With over 1000 RV’s at this park, low and behold we’re parked four sites away from another Chinook.
Attachments
120BF6DD-D4DF-4422-9E25-177F23DD4B8E.jpeg
Blue~Go

Re: Having a house built so we’re hitting the road again/still

Post by Blue~Go »

"1200 other RV's" makes my toes curl, but the upcoming trip sounds fabulous. Thanks for bringing us along!
1999 Concourse
Chinnin-about

Post by Chinnin-about »

With over 1000 RV’s at this park, low and behold we’re parked four sites away from another Chinook.
What are the odds of that? Must be a sign!
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

New Bern, NC. Left the RV ‘ city ‘ in Myrtle Beach and arrived in New Bern with enough time to view this beautiful city. I have never heard of New Bern before but my spouse read some books written by Nicholas Sparks and he grew up there and uses the city/ town in his books. Lots of history dating back to the 1700’s. Great old houses, churches and a nice river. There are over 2500 crepe myrtles planted along the streets which adds to the charm.
Btw, I’m having problems uploading more than two photos. Any suggestions?
Attachments
5831E1B0-4C4D-4055-A40A-F846D25CA66D.jpeg
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

Make that only one photo per entry, what’s up?
Attachments
Two
Two
Willywalderbeast

Post by Willywalderbeast »

Sounds like it’s going to be an awesome trip. I know a couple good spots up this way if your looking for suggestions depending on your plans for the trip.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I don't know if there might be an overall size limit per post? Like say three 250kb photos or only one 750kb one?

Manitou?
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

hmm.. the setting says it limited to 4 attachments and/or 10megs (has to be less then both). Maybe a full resolution pic straight from an iphone is 5 or 6 megs? If so, I could see it limiting to 1 pic. If you can resize them before uploading, you can attach more per post.
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I just did a minor update to the phpbb software that runs our forum. In the release notes it did mention something about better attachment handling. Hope it helps.
Xatlatc
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Xatlatc »

After the New Bern area we started running north to get out of the mess of the hurricane. Ended up in Charles Town, WV. for the night.
We went through western Pennsylvania which was flooded in some towns from four days of rain. The following day we went to Buffalo, NY then Niagara Falls. Stayed at a nearby park and woke up to find a 2003 Destiny parked next to us. The owner is from Texas and he’s been full timing for two years.
Today we’re in Vermont feeling the Bern and slowing the pace down as we work our way to the Canadian border looking for moose. The trees are still green but I can see change coming.
Thanks Manitou.
Attachments
I walk the line.
I walk the line.
0BFED40E-C7B3-4946-8488-BB505FF6C1D3.jpeg
9CAABAFA-EAB9-46DE-A2E8-D995D0169747.jpeg
618C1CCE-7095-43AB-826D-E05733F43819.jpeg